Harley2290
Participant
@harley2290

Still haven’t given up so here is some new drawings/flash of mine: i practice all the time and i think im getting better.. I showed my tattooist some of my drawings and he said they were pretty good and he believes i can achieve a standard to get an apprenticeship if i keep practising. i really have been putting the hours in so i hope the feedbacks a little better than last time!

watercolour anatomical heart:
gwynedd2012041200779.jpg
gwynedd2012040900772.jpg
trafford2012040400762.jpg
trafford2012040100760.jpg
trafford2012040100751.jpg
trafford2012033100750.jpg
gwynedd2012041000253.jpg
gwynedd2012040900774.jpg

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Much better. I do still think you need to slow down and perfect the basics first. I think you need to work on your shapes and shadows. Draw me an apple. A real apple with real shadow and shading. Use real objects, not photos. Set up the lighting however you see fit. Pay attention to the different gradients in the shadows and make sure you use a full spectrum of values.

clay1680
@

As David said above start with the basics…and i couldnt have said it better than what he mentioned. im graduating from art school with a painting/drawing degree at the end of this month and can see you have talent and seems you have the drive but try signing up for some life drawing courses even if its at a comm. college and you will be amazed how much you can progress from class one to the last class. from drawing the figure (in person) you have to really study shapes and focus on where the light source is at and so on…i can definately say those life drawing classes have probably been the most enlightening ones throughtout my time of studies there.

Harley2290
Participant
@harley2290

Thanks so much david glad to finally here some constructive critisism! Also your work is a massive inspiration to me, so thanks. Ill get to work on that apple asap!

Harley2290
Participant
@harley2290

Thanks for the feedback. I’m actually trying to get into a fine art course at university starting next septemeber! I applied for biology and have totally taken to art now and have fire in my eyes for it, I really want to become better and I am really working my ass off right now. All I do is read and draw at the minute it seems!

clay1680
@

it really does seem your serious about this so dont let anything stop you from pursuing your dream. i kno going into college people gave me shit for doing art because they said i cant get a job but fuck them and im doing what i love and thats all that matters. so keep it up and you will really appreciate art even more once going thru a fine art program. and drawing that apple is a good start and what you should be doing before all the flash you have been working on. another one you should try is drawing an egg its strictly light and shadows so a good starting point also

Harley2290
Participant
@harley2290

Clay, that’s exactly what my situation is. I have fallen in love with art and really want to do everyting I can to be the best I can be. I’ve found that my family and friends all give me shit for wanting to pursue it seriously due to the whole ‘ doesn’t lead anywhere situation”. However I believe you can make it lead somewhere if you work hard enoygh. I really do feel like tattooing is my calling and something I can seriously see myself in one day. Thanks so much for your comments

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Like these alot now, keep it up!

Harley2290
Participant
@harley2290

Thanks peter! Hopefully your less of a skeptic now haha. Appreciated!

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

CNBC is reporting that non-traditional jobs are the most secure. Art was one of the main fields they focused on. Throw that in your family’s face. I’m new to the whole tattoo game but I’m making ends meet. I figure it can only get better.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I am glad to see you following some advice, you desperately need an art course,
there is a alot wrong with these drawings (I will refrain from further comment on them)

but if this is your chosen field keep working towards it, but as I warned you before you are practicing mistakes over and over working by yourself, this is not helping you, your porportion is way off on some of these drawings, you need to work with a teacher and other students, believe me, once you get in school you will see your faults right away, this is a good thing, like it did me, it will help you, good luck

Harley2290
Participant
@harley2290

No please do comment on them! Can you point out some examples of where I’m going wrong please?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

you have far too many things wrong to discuss over the internet, wish I could meet you in a class, but we dont live too close together, text is wrong on water color, porportion off on V for vendetta piece, same on joker, dragons and tiger are off, please go see a teacher being we cant sit down with you,

one thing that hurts young artists is sitting home repeating the same mistakes over and over because you dont know better, get to class they will straighten you out

Harley2290
Participant
@harley2290

Starting september im studying fine art at college, then hopefully university. however i intend to carry on drawing until then

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

bravo, studying with a teacher and other students is the best way to improve, then you will truly be on your way

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.