Hand76
Participant
@hand76

Hey guys 35 y/o male here who just got my first tattoo a week ago. I have to go back at the end of April to have all the shading done (in grey) inside and out. But before I do that I need to make any last second corrections.

Right now the top piece is not connected to anything and not sure my ocd will stand for that. ๐Ÿ™‚ At the bottom it connects in a similar area and was just wondering (in your opinions) if connecting the top piece in that little section would be worth it or if adding in any more black would not look as good or be overkill?

I asked a few friends and people at work and got about 50/50 responses lol so any opinions from anyone here would be greatly appreciated. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks again.

Tat22.jpg

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

For me personally, I like it how it is but then I don’t have OCD lol

The Range
Participant
@the-range

I don’t think connecting it would be “overkill” and to be honest, it probably wouldn’t look that much different, it’s not a piece-altering addition at all. So if you feel that it needs to be connected (which I can understand), then by all means, go for it–you shouldn’t have to look at your tattoo and feel there is something wrong with it ever. Personally, I rather like the way it’s disconnected from the rest of the piece, it adds some dimension (like it’s being stacked), but I don’t think that’s what you were going for.

Hand76
Participant
@hand76

Thanks guys still undecided. Here is another pic I had where I photoshopped the change. I mean on the one hand everything would connect and the top would match the bottom where it overlaps in the same area. But I dunno.

Tat1b.jpg

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

Yea doesn’t seem like too much of a difference for me but if the OCD is bugging you then get it done. Don’t think you would want it constantly on your mind.

Hand76
Participant
@hand76

Guys this is just one last idea I had to connect the top. To bring one of the existing lines up to meet the other.

Here is a very rough photoshop pic of what I am talking about:

Tat1c.jpg

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i think if you really feel you need to connect it then the second option looks better than the first but at the end of the day its entirely down to your personal preference ๐Ÿ™‚ x

Cardinal
Participant
@cardinal

It is your tattoo, make sure you are happy with it. I think the second picture looks good, but that’s probably because I am a little OCD myself ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I don’t really see the benefit of the final suggestion though, but that’s really up to you. If you would be happier by changing it, do it ๐Ÿ™‚

BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread

For me I think it looks better disconnected. If I had to choose out of your 2 connection options I would go for number 2, either way it’s up to you and it looks good.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

its yours , you have to be happy, but it look better disconnected………..? why tribal

Hand76
Participant
@hand76

Ok thanks agaian everyone. I am 99% sure I am going to go with the second option (which only popped into my mind for the first time yesterday) that way everything is connected and I think it looks slightly better than just bridging the gap shown in the first pic.

Also asked about 5 people at work and everyone liked the second idea better so I am pretty sure that’s the direction I am going to go.

Thanks again. ๐Ÿ˜€

Hand76
Participant
@hand76

Ok thanks agaian everyone. I am 99% sure I am going to go with the second option (which only popped into my mind for the first time yesterday) that way everything is connected and I think it looks slightly better than just bridging the gap shown in the first pic.

Also asked about 5 people at work and everyone liked the second idea better so I am pretty sure that’s the direction I am going to go.

Thanks again. ๐Ÿ˜€

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

I personally like it disconnected. I don’t think the 1st “fixed” photo looks quite right for some reason. The 2nd is better than the 1st, but I still like it the way it is personally.

But its your tattoo, so its really up to you ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.