kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

omg in the last week i have had direct personal contact from Prizeman, Bez and David Corden… i cannot tell you how excited i get every time i log in and see something from them, its like getting a birthday card from a celebrity lol

prizeman has chatted with me and settled on an idea and placement, bez has got back to me with his personal info, i have resent him my ideas and he is getting back to me on rough price and dates and david corden very kindly wrote back to let me know that he would let me know when he is retaking bookings as he is booked til summer 2013 but i am on his radar which is awesome, as he could have just ignored me lol

Does anyone else get like this when they hear back from their fave artists or am i just a groupie these days? lol x

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I haven’t had much luck getting in with my favorite artists as they are virtually all from Europe and usually only here for a couple days. I did get a response from Luca though and I was ecstatic. Unfortunately, I have no idea when he’ll be back to finish the piece. 🙁

Cardinal
Participant
@cardinal

I had tried three or four artists when I was trying to get an artist to do my new piece. After a couple of months of disappointment, I stumbled across David Corden’s work and sent off an email, not expecting much of a reply.

I was actually at work when I got a reply. I think I actually jumped up from my desk and did a little dance 😮

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I have always been lucky and been able to book whomever I wanted, I always found top artists easy to deal with, never had a moments trouble, and I love it when they get excited about a piece

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
mrchen;110675 wrote:
I have always been lucky and been able to book whomever I wanted, I always found top artists easy to deal with, never had a moments trouble, and I love it when they get excited about a piece

Luckily you always want guys who are fairly local. 🙂

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

true that, I did book an artist from poland, I book guys from a couple states away, luckily thats as far as I need to go, you could get tattooed here in the southeast for 500 hours of work and have nothing but the best, we are blessed with talent in ga, fl, al, tn,

but I think the point we need to make with newer enthusiasts is, dont get scared you can get this super nationally known tattoo artist to work on you, you can, ask, bring a good idea and its on most of the time

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Besides the southern crew, most of whom are already on my body…………Ive contacted hazelton, kern, acker, others, no problem booking with any of them,

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

argh i just get so excited and then i think ah shit now i gotta find sooooo much money! lol x

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
mrchen;110693 wrote:
Besides the southern crew, most of whom are already on my body…………Ive contacted hazelton, kern, acker, others, no problem booking with any of them,

How long ago did you book Kern? He has a rep for not even reading his emails or returning calls nowadays. That kind of shit irks me a bit. it would be nice if they could at least send a form response “I’m not taking new clients yada yada …” Virtually all artists do, but a handful like Kern don’t even offer that.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

one advantage I have is the amount of ink I already have and who did the work, the amount of press my ink has seen, it will give me advantages with the most busy artists,
unfortunately there are some artists who just have too many clients, but the good part is that is a small number

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.