jmendes
Participant
@jmendes

[lang=pt]Boas, sou novo no mundo das tatuagens e gostava de obter ajuda sobre umas duvidas em relação a uma tatuagem. Eu queria fazer o Olho direito de Horus no gémeo direito, acham que é um bom sitio para essa tatuagem? Também já pesquisei se alguém tinha os dois olhos tatuados e não encontrei nada, conhecem alguém que tem? Será que nao se tatuam os dois olhos? Qual será o significados dos dois olhos juntos?

Obrigado desde já!

Cumprimentos[/lang]

jmendes
Participant
@jmendes

[lang=pt]Alguem me pode ajudar????[/lang]

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
jmendes;109257 wrote:
[lang=pt]Alguem me pode ajudar????[/lang]

Can you post a picture or something maybe?

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

It’s hard understanding the translation but I am getting that you want to know if getting both of the eyes of Horus had any significant meaning?

jmendes
Participant
@jmendes

[lang=pt]Yes, I want to know if the two eyes of Horus has some special meaning when tattooed together or if each one keeps its meaning .[/lang]

There is the picture:

Panter
Participant
@panter

A couple of minutes on Google reveals this:

“Horus, the son of Osiris and Isis, was called “Horus who rules with two eyes.” His right eye was white and represented the sun; his left eye was black and represented the moon. According to myth Horus lost his left eye to his evil brother, Seth, whom he fought to avenge Seth’s murder of Osiris. Seth tore out the eye but lost the fight. The eye was reassembled by magic by Thoth, the god of writing, the moon, and magic. Horus presented his eye to Osiris, who experienced rebirth in the underworld.

As an amulet the Eye of Horus has three versions: a left eye, a right eye, and two eyes. The eye is constructed in fractional parts, with 1/64 missing, a piece Thoth added by magic…

The Egyptians used the eye as a funerary amulet for protection against evil and rebirth in the underworld, and decorated mummies, coffins, and tombs with it. The Book of the Dead instructs that funerary eye amulets be made out of lapis lazuli or a stone called mak. Some were gold-plated.

Worn as jewelry fashioned of gold, silver, lapis, wood, porcelain, or carnelian, the eye served to ensure safety, protect health, and give the wearer wisdom and prosperity. It was called the “all-seeing Eye.” Other attributes associated with it are terror and wrath. According to some myths, the eye took on a personality of its own, swooping down out of the sky to right wrongs…

Harper’s Encyclopedia of Mystical & Paranormal Experience (Guiley, 1991)”

Website

jmendes
Participant
@jmendes

[lang=pt]Thank you for the info, but i still dont know the meaning of the 2 eyes together …[/lang]

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove
Quote:
the eye served to ensure safety, protect health, and give the wearer wisdom and prosperity. It was called the “all-seeing Eye.” Other attributes associated with it are terror and wrath. According to some myths, the eye took on a personality of its own, swooping down out of the sky to right wrongs…

One eye was removed and rebuilt, and the other lasted. One is yen, the other yang, the sword and the flower, life and death, war and peace, gain and loss, permanence and temporalness.

jmendes
Participant
@jmendes

[lang=pt]But it´s ok to tattoo the both eyes?[/lang]

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Yes, it is okay to have both eyes tattooed on you. 🙂 It is your choice. Both eyes are seen on some amulets (“enchanted” jewelry).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.