kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Hi guys,

Been a bit busy recently so havent been on the site as much as i would like but, i have got the tattoo itch, i havent been inked in a few months now and as the wait for bez has been prolonged due to money im planning other projects in the hopes i can get a smaller piece in a bit sooner. I am avoiding my back and butterflies because that is what i am saving for bez but i want something somewhere else which is generally covered by normal clothes and yet still in what i call an “attractive” position.

Then getting on to what i want, i really love feminine stuff, nothing cartoony or traditional or anything like that, i dont want roses or skulls etc, i’ve been toying with the idea of a small, delicate looking phoenix, (but i already have 2 swallows and dont want to feel like a walking bird fetish), if anyone else has any other ideas they could chuck into the mix that would be awesome. Is there any popular tattoo imagery for family?

Im open to ideas and suggestions and then when im happy with an idea i’ll source another suitable artist for it (which im sure you’ll all be able to help with that too! 😀 )

Cheers all… x

Zombiecupcake
Participant
@zombiecupcake
kittykat200;108854 wrote:
Hi guys,

Been a bit busy recently so havent been on the site as much as i would like but, i have got the tattoo itch, i havent been inked in a few months now and as the wait for bez has been prolonged due to money im planning other projects in the hopes i can get a smaller piece in a bit sooner. I am avoiding my back and butterflies because that is what i am saving for bez but i want something somewhere else which is generally covered by normal clothes and yet still in what i call an “attractive” position.

Then getting on to what i want, i really love feminine stuff, nothing cartoony or traditional or anything like that, i dont want roses or skulls etc, i’ve been toying with the idea of a small, delicate looking phoenix, (but i already have 2 swallows and dont want to feel like a walking bird fetish), if anyone else has any other ideas they could chuck into the mix that would be awesome. Is there any popular tattoo imagery for family?

Im open to ideas and suggestions and then when im happy with an idea i’ll source another suitable artist for it (which im sure you’ll all be able to help with that too! 😀 )

Cheers all… x

What I do is have a folder on my computer full of drawing and tattoo examples. Just go on flickr or some other search and see what you can find. I save all images I like for various reasons, color, shading, style, subject matter, etc.
Other peoples work can spark ideas, IMO I would never completly copy anothers tattoo but make variations of it to suit myself.
I would say that would be the quickest way to find something to your liking.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

these are all things ive been doing for years but i need more inspiration. there are a tonne of styles and images that i really love but that i wouldnt wear on myself, i would love to be brave enough to have a huge dragon down my left side, i love traditional japanese dragons and im sure they could colour it to my liking but i just dont think that it would flow well with the other things i have/am getting…

I dunno im getting a photorealist almost watercolour style lower back piece of some blue morpho butterflies resting in a rainforest and smaller floating ones about further up my back that are meant to be flying around in the back ground higher up my back, Bez has agreed to do it (triple six studios, in my photo album if you need a reference, same style as the piranha piece) but i am being held up by money at the moment, so although i could afford the money for the deposit for an appointment i have no idea if i will be able to afford the final cost and i dont really want a quarter finished tattoo for years!

Do you think a dragon would fit with this on the same canvas? like i said i would be down my left side and quite large but i would want it to be entirely separate from the back piece just dont want them to look odd together on the same “cancas” should we say? Thoughts please? and if anyone can recommend an artist in (prefereably south) UK that would maybe be able to do this in a way that WOULD fit with Bez’s work then that would be awesome 🙂

mrchen being a fountain of all honesty and tattoo artist knowledge… any help? x

Panter
Participant
@panter

My PC or internet is really playing up this morning so can’t post links but have a look at:

Dan Chase (Ritual Art Tattoo, Rainham, Kent)
Steve Prizeman (Eternal Art, Chelmsford, Essex) – but don’t call him Steve, it’s Prizeman 😉

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

the problem with going to ritual art is that i couldnt leave without something from corden too lol then i’d be in trouble lol

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I love the thigh as an area to tattoo – It’s covered by “normal” clothes. It’s a smooth area with minimal curves, very good on a smaller lady. I can’t think of any particular common symbols for family off the top of my head, but what about either an individual star to represent each family member, or a totem pole with a unique animal for each person?

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

my favourites at the moment are phoenix’s and dragons but i dont know where i could put them that wouldnt be seen and also wouldnt interfere, i considered the top of my leg/thigh area at one point but at the same time, dont want to look a bit butch if im out in a bikini if that makes sense? lol

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I have a cherry blossom on my thigh, and I love the location, though people have commented it’s odd (typical tatt, different location). Based on your body type and how you dress/style yourself, I wouldn’t worry about anyone thinking, “Oh, people will think I look butch.” From an aesthetic/artistic standpoint, I think drawing the eye to your bottom half is more feminizing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.