metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

I didn’t mind spending months and months searching out a tattoo artist. But now that I have that all lined up, it’s the waiting. In my case, since I want it done at the end of the summer (so I don’t mess up sun and water time like I did last year), and Gunnar only books 3 months out, I am to call him the beginning of June to set up the appointment ofr late Aug/early Sept. As impatient as I am now that I got on the horse for my second, it’s also my doing that I have to wait. I find myself thinking about it often, and wondering what I’ll have when this whole process is done.So I set myself up for 6 months of tattoo agony.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I had to wait 8-9 months for my 2nd tattoo, which seemed incredibly long. The 6-7 months I had to wait for my 2nd booking with the same artist seemed like nothing. I actually feel relieved once I have sorted the details and managed to book the appointment. The waiting has become the easiest part. ๐Ÿ™‚

newdragon
Participant
@newdragon

If you are into real pain, down load a count down timer. Right now I have only 11 months 17 days 17 hrs 25 mins and 40 sec until the start of my next appointment. Torture!

bluey
Participant
@bluey

Welcome to the club. There are plenty like you in the same situation. I like you am waiting until after summer, luckily my wait will be over in a few weeks.

Darth Bane
Participant
@darth-bane

I thought it was bad to wait 3 1/2 weeks (now 2 weeks from today), couldn’t imagine waiting months.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Go get a nice little flash piece in the mean time to hold you over.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I booked Sean Herman in february for october…………….its just part of the process for the best artists, I have waited more than a year before

you seem to be fighting something you cannot change, I would suggest you dont bother, but plan your ink around your activities, I prefer to set all my appointments for cold weather, it is easy for me to heal during the cold, Georgia summer is too sweaty and hot…………….so I will find out when the artists I seek are available and line up the work to fit where I want on the calendar, if that means I move one pice ahead of another, thats ok, it fits my schedule

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa
mrchen;108870 wrote:
I booked Sean Herman in february for october…………….its just part of the process for the best artists, I have waited more than a year before

you seem to be fighting something you cannot change, I would suggest you dont bother, but plan your ink around your activities, I prefer to set all my appointments for cold weather, it is easy for me to heal during the cold, Georgia summer is too sweaty and hot…………….so I will find out when the artists I seek are available and line up the work to fit where I want on the calendar, if that means I move one pice ahead of another, thats ok, it fits my schedule

That’s what I’m doing in my case – not booking prior to summer. Gunnar had an opening in April but due to my work I cannot get to Ohio then (this is CPA time). So I’m booking end of summer. Not fighting it, just excited about this 2nd tattoo adventure and landing a respected artist. Just can’t wait to see how it all comes out.

Cardinal
Participant
@cardinal

I am so impatient and facing a nine month wait when I booked my appointment seemed like torture at the time. I have five weeks left now, so almost there. I did go and have piece done in the mean time, but it was sort of coincidence that I spoke to the artist I wanted to do it, and he was able to start with only a month wait. ๐Ÿ™‚

What I am going to do when I have no appointments in the pipeline, I don’t know ๐Ÿ™

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

we love you metalmancpa……..you cant wait…I know the feeling, you guys were getting ink a few months back and I was waiting for two appointments with Vince Villavazo, jan and feb and it was driving me nuts, everyone was getting inked, I was waiting!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.