maxashton
Participant
@maxashton

This is a message I received on this forum in a reply to getting advice surly this is the opposite of what I should be doing or am I a retard

Hello Max,

First off lets start off with a big FUCK YOU! to all the people who said you cant accomplish shit all with a college degree or blah blah blah! as you know i am a tattoo artist that has been going strong for 17 years now! dont let any one say “you cant do it”. i have not done one SINGLE course or lessons for tattoo’s. What i recommend for you to do is order a machine online “starter kit” it will come with ink and other equipment you will need. Don’t be cheap with it and dont spend to much! find just the right one for you look around abit don’t buy the first one you see.

Practice on your self, on other people, pigskin, fruit skin and what ever you can get your HANDS ON!
you don’t need and apprentice or a college degree to be a tattoo artist, all you need is a tattoo machine and big set of BALLS!
that simple.. but don’t get me wrong it will be ‘hard’ at first but one night you will just ‘get it’ then woala your officially a tattoo artist. Then once you get good enough advertise on craigslist and other places and get people to pay you!

then work your ass OFF!!!! until you eventually afford to rent a shop! but trust me DON’T GO TO COLLEGE and don’t GET ANY LOANS!!!! this will guarantee your success if you follow what i have written you.

allot of people with criticize you for what im telling you to do now

BUT FUCK THEM!!!!!

this is how I became successful and if you follow through you will be too!!!!

the shops you go to want you to be their bitch!
Owner of the store did excatly what i did!!!! I promise you that!

Now get out there and ink like crazy until your the BEST!!!!!

P.S don’t rush it, progress comes inch by inch and stop showing faggots your drawings keep practicing until YOU *know* its ‘GOOD’. you are the artist! no one else.
😮

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

haha. what an idiot. the ONLY way you should start to become a tattoo artist is to get an apprentice first. period.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I personally would never go to a tattooist who didn’t have a history with a solid apprenticeship. I’m a professional, and I expect my tattooist to be the same. Just as I don’t think my tattooist would come to me if I didn’t have the proper education/experience for my job (nurse), I wouldn’t go to her without knowing her history and appropriate education/experience.

Unfortunately, if an artist thinks they’re the stuff and no one else thinks so, they’re not going to make it.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I don’t recall reading anything about this guy learning about health codes, sterilization, blood borne pathogens, cross contamination…. you know, the unimportant stuff.

Ask him to post pics of his work.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

That’s another benefit of an apprenticeship with a quality establishment, rather than just practicing on oranges until you magically morph into Ami James.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Adler;108843 wrote:
Ask him to post pics of his work.

+1. The proof is in the pudding.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I see from the attitude that it was whosyourdaddy that sent you this message. I thought I banned him already? Or was there someone else at the same time being an utter dick in here?

Anyway, I don’t think you’re being retarded. He, however, most certainly is.

Adler
Participant
@adler
ArniVidar;108847 wrote:
I see from the attitude that it was whosyourdaddy that sent you this message. I thought I banned him already? Or was there someone else at the same time being an utter dick in here?

Anyway, I don’t think you’re being retarded. He, however, most certainly is.

It might have been this guy, too.

http://www.thetattooforum.com/steel-disposable-t20942.html

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

er, yeh this guy is completely wrong, in fact do the exact opposite of everything this guy has said and you may well be in with a shot! lol x

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

this guy doesnt no shit……………apprenticeship is th eonly way to go…………if he is any good, lets see the ink and his tax return………….he probably starving ass trailer park tattooist, he sounds like one

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Adler;108849 wrote:
It might have been this guy, too.

Possible, but that would be quite the coincidence, since whosyourdaddy specifically talks about having been scratching for 17 years.

maxashton
Participant
@maxashton

sorry about taking so long to get back to everyone ive been working non stop at the moment. to the very clever guy you guessed right it was whos your daddy i was in fits of laughter about the all u need is balls bit. but thankfully im not a complete moron and thankfully i am currently taking with a artest who has a amazing portfolio and a aprentship for advice and my drawing is improving with amazing speed and i hope someday soon i will join the ranks of the lucky sods who have had aprentships. (sorry for spelling ina rush)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.