bullshark
Participant
@bullshark

Hey guys and girls.. New to the forum, short time lurker.

I have a tattoo that I’d like covered or improved.. I have an idea or two, but I’m not an artist.. From an artistic standpoint, are either of these ideas feasible?

I got this tattoo when I was 16, I’m 29 now.. I don’t like it anymore and have been wanting to improve it/cover it for quite a while.. It’s on my forearm. I have no problem with the artist taking the entire arm if needed..

Tattoo: http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz73/dimurof82/IMG_20120225_150858.jpg

Idea 1: Start at the dragons tail or slightly below and begin a biomech style piece “splitting” at the wrist and working upward, opening around the dragon to be covered. As the bio mech goes up the arm it opens into a full half sleeve. The dragon on the forearm is converted into the tail end of a larger, better dragon that looks like it’s climbing up the biomechanical parts of the arm, under the skin..

Idea 2: Instead of going straight biomech with a seperate dragon as in idea 1, going for a full biomechanical dragon (half or 3/4 sleeve)..

Can artistic minds here see a way to make this work, or am I way off base here?

:D:cool:

bluey
Participant
@bluey

Join the club of not being artistic, luckily there are some brilliant artists here, but at the end of the day all suggestions will be to go and see a tattooist. Have you thought about giving it a couple of zaps with LASER then it will give your artist more freedom. You have thought about it and I’m certain both options will work. I suggest it’s time to go and have a chat to a Tattooist. A lot has changed n 9 years. The skill level of the average artist has been raised.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Welcome to the forum! ๐Ÿ™‚

bullshark
Participant
@bullshark
msmercury;108180 wrote:
Welcome to the forum! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜€

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Theres a lot of scope for improving that situation.
In my opinion you need to stop worrying about what you want to be there and start looking at local tattoo artists work.
Find a truly great artists and ask them what they see there. I mean great, not good and not well he did a good tattoo on a friend of a friend.
Take the time to plan this out and you will get a super tattoo to be proud of.
remember there are lots of people on here who know what it takes so feel free to post links to artists work you will get plenty of opinions to help you.
Good luck.

bullshark
Participant
@bullshark
Cornishtiger;108233 wrote:
Theres a lot of scope for improving that situation.
In my opinion you need to stop worrying about what you want to be there and start looking at local tattoo artists work.
Find a truly great artists and ask them what they see there. I mean great, not good and not well he did a good tattoo on a friend of a friend.
Take the time to plan this out and you will get a super tattoo to be proud of.
remember there are lots of people on here who know what it takes so feel free to post links to artists work you will get plenty of opinions to help you.
Good luck.

Yea, I’ve def been looking around.. I have a compilation of a few artists pieces that I’m going to post up here for advise.. I’ve gotten it narrowed down to three artists, that I’m going to meet with on Tuesday.. Ill post a link to thread I start comparing the artists’ work. Thanks!

bullshark
Participant
@bullshark
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.