ALEX55
Participant
@alex55

Hey guys,
Tommorow i am going to back to my tattoo artist and he should have my sketch for my tattoo then. I am getting my tattoo on March 6 (18th birthday) I have been saving up all summer for this and finally got the $500 my tattoo artist asked for. Lately ive been thinking though that since my tattoo artist is such a nice guy im gonna atleast try to give him a tip. Cash for me right now is pretty low but I was going to try to put $50 towards was even thinking $55 so it would be $555 (5 is my soccer number :P) I guess my only question is do you guys think he will think its a slap in the face giving a 11% tip? Would it be smarter not to tip at all. Hope you guys can help me out I read a lot of threads on here about tipping and found too many contradictions so I figured I should ask here. Thanks!

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I tipped after each sitting, not alot around £100 in total and then on my final session fior this time around I got him a bottle of Jack Daniels lol

I am pretty sure any gesture even 10 dollars would be nice. It is not the amount but the thought that counts.

Dipland
Participant
@dipland

I always tip 20%…more for excellent work.

But I’m curious, if you read a lot of threads on here with contradictory information; why do you think starting a new thread will only give you the correct answer?

Adler
Participant
@adler

I don’t really think about percentages when I tip, I just give waht I can and it’s always appreciated. For a $500 tattoo, giving an extra 50 or so is fine and would not be a slap in the face.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Adler;108053 wrote:
I don’t really think about percentages when I tip, I just give waht I can and it’s always appreciated. For a $500 tattoo, giving an extra 50 or so is fine and would not be a slap in the face.

^ This.

……..

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

no, not a slap in the face……….most artists will understand and have a feeling of your financial situation if they have met you a time or two, when you present the tip with alot of appreciation I htink they will understand

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.