peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Just wondering do peoples session times get longer with each tat or is there a point each person can take or I guess it is also dependant on the artists skill?

I did 7 hours and then the next day another 6 hours over the same places but I could have gone longer no problem but my artist got tired.

I will admit it hurt a lot more than I thought it would lol

Just wondering about other peoples experiences.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

I’m a total wuss, 4-5 hours is my limit. I’ll sit for as long as is needed for my piece at the time.

How come your artist went over the same spot the following day? Is the rule not to let it heal then go for round two? That’s the way it’s always worked fro me…..:confused:

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
Morwin Nerdbane;108006 wrote:
I’m a total wuss, 4-5 hours is my limit. I’ll sit for as long as is needed for my piece at the time.

How come your artist went over the same spot the following day? Is the rule not to let it heal then go for round two? That’s the way it’s always worked fro me…..:confused:

Maybe because of the distance I travelled to him, drove from London to Poland or maybe he did the outline the first day and the shading the second? I didn’t even check as it was covered.

Either way it was fine as it was completely healed within a week.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I will sit for as long as I need to. I sat 6-7 hours for my last tattoo and I have two 6-8 hour sittings booked mid-March. I’m always traveling a good distance to my artist so I just want to get the piece done.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

i sat for 15 hours on ribs and stomach but I have hurt after 4-5 hours before, depends, there are many variables, how is your head, are you feeling great, mentally psyched and ready, is your body ready, rested, hydrated, well fed, what part are you working on, what position are you in, I got cramps last week on 5 hour tattoo, cramps in legs hurt……………..lots of variables………….best thing you can do is cover all these bases the best you can and you will have as good a session as possible

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
mrchen;108025 wrote:
i sat for 15 hours on ribs and stomach but I have hurt after 4-5 hours before, depends, there are many variables, how is your head, are you feeling great, mentally psyched and ready, is your body ready, rested, hydrated, well fed, what part are you working on, what position are you in, I got cramps last week on 5 hour tattoo, cramps in legs hurt……………..lots of variables………….best thing you can do is cover all these bases the best you can and you will have as good a session as possible

wow 15 hours lol

bluey
Participant
@bluey

Basically I do as long as the outline takes then about 3 hr per session after that

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Ive done a 9hr session and next day 6hr session. I also drove 8hrs straight and started a tattoo at 630pm, finished at 430am and the day after flew to las vegas for a 5hr session. My whole mentality is pain is temporary but tattoos are a lifetime so i just try to deal with it.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

they say the older you get the more they hurt……….I dont know if thats true I started collecting late in life…….they all hurt, but like yodaddynukka says “tattoos are a lifetime, I just try and deal with it”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.