KatieScarlett
Participant
@katiescarlett

i have a question. i recently acquired some information (totally by accident) that leads me to believe (almost positively) that a local well-known artist in my area may have AIDS.

i am just curious – can someone be hired to tattoo with a communicable disease like this? and do they have to disclose it to their clients? (i dont know if it matters but i live in NJ).

i don’t really have an opinion on the matter at this point and not trying to start a debate/argument. i am just curious about it. i suppose there is always that risk that they could accidentally nick themselves or have a hole in their glove so i was just curious if they HAVE to disclose by law or anything? does anyone know?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Im a sure it would be legal for them to tattoo (laws are stupid) but an accident could happen, I wouldnt take the chance………they need to find another line of work that doesnt involve my blood

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

In my area you can’t get a tattooing license if you have a blood borne communicable disease. This includes HIV and Hep C.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I can why the client would have to disclose it, but I am uncertain as to why the artist would be expected to disclose it. Call the health department and ask them.

KatieScarlett
Participant
@katiescarlett
DavidJednat;107779 wrote:
In my area you can’t get a tattooing license if you have a blood borne communicable disease. This includes HIV and Hep C.

What if they contracted disease after becoming licensed?

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

We get tested and re-certified every year.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.