peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Hi folks,

I was just wondering what people tend to do on this forum regarding tattoo opinions.

A -Are you the type of person that is brutally honest with peoples tattoos if they are bad?

B – Are you the type that lets them down gently with some positive comments although you are cringing inside?

C – Are you a free spirit that thinks no tattoo is bad and means something to that person (hopefully lol)

I think I am a C !

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hmmmm, I think I’m a B and a C depending on my mood and the tone of the discussion at hand. (if that makes any sense to you) I think I’ve only been an A once on this forum. It just isn’t me. My personality is much more reserved and quiet. 🙂

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

My response depends on the OP.
when a new member comes on all “fuck yea look how cool dis shit is” I am an A in about 1 second.
If someone is obviously upset with their tattoo I will go B and ease into it.
“I love my ink, it means a lot to me” will always get a C.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200
Cornishtiger;107596 wrote:
when a new member comes on all “fuck yea look how cool dis shit is” I am an A in about 1 second.

Same here, such as “inked by the best” and then produce something that looks like a 5 year old drew it. i was always told if you cant be nice say nothing at all… sometimes this isnt possible like for example when someone specifically asks for opinions! or when someone is clearly way off base AND rude about it, generally i try to go with B if its not good but the personis sweet/worried, but at the end of the day ive seen some shitty tattoos with a very good meaning behind them and i just think AW! lol unfortunately some people just ask for it lol

At the same time, even if i dont dig the subject matter, if the tattoo is good i’ll give props where props are due 🙂

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

my goal is to educate new enthusiasts and try and get the to do some research and get better ink, to take advantage of the many great artists available to them, as you did, people think they cannot access the stars, well they can and they should

so I have to tell them the truth, with some caring and advice on what to do next time

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Cornishtiger;107596 wrote:

Except rarely B and never C
everyone ink has meaning to them and a story behind it. a crap tattoo is a crap tattoo why blow smoke up their ass?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

A or B depending on the situation.

Forget C. There are bad tattoos.

This guy got a tattoo in memory of his dead wife. Regardless of the fact that this tattoo has a very special meaning to him, it is a terrible tattoo.

noregrets_zombie.jpg

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
D3FiANC3;107649 wrote:
A or B depending on the situation.

Forget C. There are bad tattoos.

This guy got a tattoo in memory of his dead wife. Regardless of the fact that this tattoo has a very special meaning to him, it is a terrible tattoo.

noregrets_zombie.jpg

Omg, you have a point but with such a sensative story behind it could you tell him that?

Saying that surely he knows.

The real class artists are availile to everyone just need to do research on the style you want, have patience and be prepared to travel. They are not even that much more expensive.

My thinking was if it is going on my body i want the best, simple as that really.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
peterpoose;107659 wrote:
with such a sensative story behind it could you tell him that?

Saying that surely he knows.

Yes I could, and there’s actually less chance that the person realizes their ink is crap than you might think.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
peterpoose;107659 wrote:
Omg, you have a point but with such a sensative story behind it could you tell him that?

I’d go with B most likely.

ArniVidar;107663 wrote:
there’s actually less chance that the person realizes their ink is crap than you might think.

Agreed.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.