hotrocks68
Participant
@hotrocks68

Hey everyone,

I’m after some advice or opinions really regarding laser tattoo removal.
Basically nearly 30 years ago i did a home made tattoo on myself in what we called indian ink.
A couple of years ago whilst in Germany i had a laser session which i guess removed about 50% of the ink.A couple of months later i had a further treatment which at a guess perhaps removed a further 30% of the ink.This second treatment was a year ago.
Having recently returned to the Uk i decided i would try and finnish the job and guessed another couple of sessions would all but do it.I contacted a clinic and sent a picture and recieved a quote.It was agreed that the tattoo was very faded and there was not much ink remaining.
Anyway i sat for the treatment which in my opinion was inadequate.I felt no pain or discomfort,there was no swelling or redness the following day and i believe the ink will not be able to dissolve as there is no wound to heal.
Now i did ask the girl doing the proceedure to have the machine on full power which was 1000,but she had it set at 900.So my query is….
Am i correct to assume that the machine was set too low? That way i would need to return for further treatments and of course pay more!
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

there are some laser operators on here who willhelp you when they pick up on this post,

however my guess is it may not have been the latest greatest laser and may not have been operated to the best of its ability…………there are alot of people offering this service, alot of them, unfortunately are not good

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Hi, if you had no visible reaction at the time or the day after then there was no energy transferred into the ink.
Did you get any heat in the tattoo area straight after treatment?
Just as a point of interest lasers do not dissolve ink and there should never be a wound to heal.
The laser energy breaks the ink into small enough particles that your lymphatic system can clean them out.

hotrocks68
Participant
@hotrocks68
Cornishtiger;107364 wrote:
Hi, if you had no visible reaction at the time or the day after then there was no energy transferred into the ink.
Did you get any heat in the tattoo area straight after treatment?
Just as a point of interest lasers do not dissolve ink and there should never be a wound to heal.
The laser energy breaks the ink into small enough particles that your lymphatic system can clean them out.

Hi,and thanks for taking the time to reply.
I felt no heat as such,in fact i hardly felt anything,just a couple of times very briefly.
But as i say,i at least expected to feel sore or some kind of reaction.
A week on and nothing has changed and comparing it with the 2 previous sessions in Germany,i fail to see how any of the ink would now fade.
I fail to believe it will fade,and i’m sure the ‘machine’ was either no good,or should have been turned to the maximum setting.
I feel like complaining…………..but i suppose that wont solve anything,i guess i have no ‘rights’.

Thankyou in advance.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Why do you have no rights?
You paid for a service you didnt receive just ask for another treatment or a refund.
Where did you go?

hotrocks68
Participant
@hotrocks68
Cornishtiger;107371 wrote:
Why do you have no rights?
You paid for a service you didnt receive just ask for another treatment or a refund.
Where did you go?

Hi again,

Well i should’nt name and shame.Its a clinic in Great Yarmouth,about 25 miles from me.
Perhaps i should send an email explaining how unhappy i am,though i expect the answer will be that i should wait 6 weeks and see.As i said,in comparison i just ‘know’ there will be no improvement.:(

hotrocks68
Participant
@hotrocks68

Just an update(a moan really)

I emailed the clinic and sent dated before and after pictures quite clearly showing no change whatsoever and explaining my dissapointement in the proceedure.
Of course,i have had no reply.Seems they were happy to take my money but were not forthcoming in offering either a refund or to have the treatment re-done.
I suppose there’s nothing i can do,its a long way to go just to have a moan and just to be refused a refund or a new treatment.
There are several places i found where i can leave negative feedback for the clinic so i suppose i shall do that and then put it behind me.:(

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.