theoutlaw
Participant
@theoutlaw

Just turned 18 and have booked up my first tattoo for Thursday afternoon. I’m going out Friday night clubbing with my friends to celebrate! Is this a good idea going out the day after getting a tattoo?

Need fast advice please guys! Thanks!

Adler
Participant
@adler

Not ideal…a crowded club with likely situations like bumping and rubbing against other people, maybe some sweating, etc.
A crowded club the day after getting a fresh tattoo just isn’t a great idea to me, but I have a feeling you’re going to do it anyway…right? Just be as careful as possible and hope nothing happens I guess.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
Adler;106406 wrote:
Not ideal…a crowded club with likely situations like bumping and rubbing against other people, maybe some sweating, etc.
A crowded club the day after getting a fresh tattoo just isn’t a great idea to me, but I have a feeling you’re going to do it anyway…right? Just be as careful as possible and hope nothing happens I guess.

exactly. all kinds scenarios for a possible bacteria breeding ground at the club. why not wait til after the club to get the tattoo. but you just turned 18 so you prolly wont listen to the advice.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

The tattoo is essentially a huge, gaping wound, oosing puss and stubbornly trying to grab hold of all bacteria and other nasties it can find.

If you’re willing to A) Have it ooze into your clothes and ruin them, apart from being all kinds of nasty, B) Risk damage to the tattoo and possibly having to work it over again and C) Risking infection because of your inebriated self not having the slightest clue or care for what you’re doing with it, then by all means.. go clubbing right after getting tattooed 🙂

theoutlaw
Participant
@theoutlaw

Okay thanks guy’s. But before i cancel my appointment i just want to be sure there is no alternative. There is no way of covering my tattoo up for a couple of hours while im out?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

You don’t have to cover it up if you go out. You CAN go out with it open and jolly. It’s just not a very smart idea. Covering it up won’t change the fact that you’ll be pissed out of your skull and you won’t have ANY idea what you’re doing, whether you’re bumping it into things, whether you’re actually spilling beer all over it or if your mate is vomiting on it.

Thousands or millions of people have gotten shit-faced drunk right after getting tattooed, and no doubt many of them have come out of it no worse than they went in. The only question is… do you want to risk it?

Now the big question is, wha’cha gettin’? 🙂

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you are taking the good advice here and NOT getting your tattoo at all for now. Most people would probably just hold off on the party piece of the equation, but… hey, whatever works! Just remember, a new tattoo is an open wound. Would you tell someone to go clubbing if they had an open wound on them, or advise them to stay home and take it easy?

You are going to have this tattoo on you for the rest of your life. Seriously, the rest of your life. Take a few days or a week to take good care of it up front to ensure it will look good as long as it can. If yoiu really want the tattoo, this should be no sacrifice at all. Small price to pay.

What are you planning on getting?

Adler
Participant
@adler
Briscogun;106426 wrote:
Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you are taking the good advice here and NOT getting your tattoo at all for now. Most people would probably just hold off on the party piece of the equation, but… hey, whatever works! Just remember, a new tattoo is an open wound. Would you tell someone to go clubbing if they had an open wound on them, or advise them to stay home and take it easy?

You are going to have this tattoo on you for the rest of your life. Seriously, the rest of your life. Take a few days or a week to take good care of it up front to ensure it will look good as long as it can. If yoiu really want the tattoo, this should be no sacrifice at all. Small price to pay.

What are you planning on getting?

Excellent post.

theoutlaw
Participant
@theoutlaw

This is what i have booked up. I rescheduled it for next thursday you’ll all be happy to hear. It means ‘fighter’ as someone who follow’s boxing and mixed martial arts religiously as well as training boxing and muay thai I think it is a good reminder of what I love to do and keep me motivated. Also Japanese is a theme i want to go for on the arm i have this put on. I will probably go down the root of having the koi and the dragon but thats not for a good while yet.

For those of you who did not see my other thread about my half sleeve design i’ll post the picture below. I’m booked in next month for my first three hours. 🙂

Thanks for the help!

bluey
Participant
@bluey

Looking forward to seeing photos of the results.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Why cancel your appointment? just go out a week later?

theoutlaw
Participant
@theoutlaw
Wardy;106492 wrote:
Why cancel your appointment? just go out a week later?

Not that easy I have friends coming down especially for this weekend. It was oranised in advance so everyone could make it. If it was next week half the people couldn’t come! Plus i haven’t paid a deposit so nothing has been lost.:)

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, I hope that outline drawing isn’t indicative of the extent of your tattooists’s abilities, because that’s not very good.

clay1680
@

I say fuck its a tattoo and in your skin pretty good so just make sure not to get it too banged up and it will b fine. its not gonna ruin your tattoo and make sure u wash it later that night after the club..

theoutlaw
Participant
@theoutlaw
ArniVidar;106512 wrote:
Well, I hope that outline drawing isn’t indicative of the extent of your tattooists’s abilities, because that’s not very good.

Always good to have constructive criticism..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.