Dreamer34
Participant
@dreamer34

I’m turning 18 soon and am interested in getting one of the tattoos I want

Just wondering if anyone could give me and estimated cost, time it will take and pain rating/comparison of the area?

The first I’m going to get is the silhouette of 3 birds flying on my left wrist.
Similar to this, but the other way around so they fly up and around.

birdsonwrist.jpg

The second is a dreamcatcher either on my shoulder, back or ribs
A bit like this but I’ve drawn a design up myself that I want to get

featheronbackofneck.jpg

Anyone who can give me some advice would be appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

There’s a huge variation in time/cost depending on where you live, the artist (how fast they work, how much in demand they are, etc), and so forth. That piece on the wrist can probably be completed in under 30 minutes by most artists, as it’s small, very simplistic, and looks like it’s solid black. The skin there is thinner and more sensttive, which is why you test a baby’s bottle/bath water there, so I imagine it would be one of the more painful areas to get inked. Then again, a lot of people get inked there compared to very few who get their knees/elbows done so you will manage I think.

As for the second piece, the time to complete that will vary a lot more, especially since it can be done in color vs. black & gray, detailed vs. simplistic, small vs. large, etc. It shouldn’t take most artists more than a few hours though imho. I’ve heard varying reports on pain in that area of the neck/back, but it shouldn’t be too bad. If you do the outer shoulder, it’s probably one of the least painful areas to get tattooed. The ribs rank as one of the more painful areas.

In any case, don’t let pain dictate where you get a tattoo. Tattoos hurt. Get it where you want it.

Dreamer34
Participant
@dreamer34

Thanks for youre help, the pain wasn’t a problem in deciding the tattoos and locations I was just interested for opinions about them.

As for the dreamcatcher I intend to just get it done in black ink

Another thing, is blue or black ink the normal lain colour for tattoists? as i want my tattoos in black not blue, might be a silly question but thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Dreamer34;106219 wrote:
As for the dreamcatcher I intend to just get it done in black ink

Another thing, is blue or black ink the normal lain colour for tattoists? as i want my tattoos in black not blue, might be a silly question but thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Black is the standard color when things are done in just one color. Unfortunately, some black inks tend to get a bluish hue over time. If you go to a top-notch artist though, you can be sure that they will use a quality ink and hopefully, it will stay black. You can do your part by keeping your tats out of the sun as much as possible and using SPF 35+ sunblock when you do go out in the sun.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.