jaydz
@

Hey guys im overseas for only another 3 days and my mum says i have to get my first tattoo over here. im 16 and looking for something to get for my great nana who is aged 94 and is not in the best condition, i dont see her very often, maybe once a year if im lucky, i want something that will remind me of her after she passes while still looking good on a teenage boy. i want the tattoo on the back of my right calf. maybe something to do with birds or flowers or anything else that could mean something, please help !!!!!

Amok
Participant
@amok

Oh this ones gonna be juicy!

ezrider
Participant
@ezrider
jaydz;105920 wrote:
looking for something to get for my great nana who is aged 94 and is not in the best condition. I want something that will remind me of her after she passes while still looking good on a teenage boy

coffin550.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I love this.
Hey Nana look at this cool tattoo I got to remind of you when you’ve croaked how do you like it?

Here is what to do. Go get one of those cameras and take her picture. Then when you want to remember Nana look at the picture.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I would say that in most (not all) cases, someone who can fit you in with 2-3 days notice is probably not worth getting a tattoo from. Getting a tattoo after only thinking about what you want for 2-3 days is also rarely a good idea. Lastly, is it legal where you are for a 16 y/o to get inked? If it’s not, then scrap the idea entirely because the only “artists” who will do it will suck.

btw ezrider I like that one. 😀

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

oh dear… posts like this make me weep for humanity

just dont do it, you are too young, it is illegal, you have a lot of growing to do and the tattoo will stretch and look liike crap, at 16 you cant afford a decent artist (unless you’re an heir to a fortune), you have done no research, you dont have a design, anything you get now you will regret by the time you are 18 i would gather. I agree with buttwheat, have a photo taken with her and keep it in a really expensive frame and reconsider the tattoo idea after you’re 21.

If you decide to go ahead with it anyway, be sure to pass on your details to cornishtiger.

Good luck xxx

ArniVidar
@arnividar
jaydz;105920 wrote:
Hey guys im overseas for only another 3 days and my mum says i have to get my first tattoo over here

Wait, what?

Amok
Participant
@amok

I wonder what tomorrows “I’m 16 and getting my first tattoo” thread will be like

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Wait trust me. I know.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w
D3FiANC3;105937 wrote:
I would say that in most (not all) cases, someone who can fit you in with 2-3 days notice is probably not worth getting a tattoo from.

btw ezrider I like that one. 😀

I wouldnt go that far. There are plenty of talented artists who have short waiting lists simply because the demand in their area is not as high, or they arent as well know, etc. Its much better to judge them based on their portfolio than by the size of their waiting list.

I agree about the other stuff, getting a tattoo you thought of three days ago probably wont end well.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Ross_W;106030 wrote:
I wouldnt go that far. There are plenty of talented artists who have short waiting lists simply because the demand in their area is not as high, or they arent as well know, etc. Its much better to judge them based on their portfolio than by the size of their waiting list.

Three days isn’t a short list; it’s virtually no wait at all. There are very, very few great artists I can think of that do walk-ins primarily or exclusively at their own shop. Can you even name 5 great artists who have a 3-day or less wait?

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200
D3FiANC3;106034 wrote:
Three days isn’t a short list; it’s virtually no wait at all. There are very, very few great artists I can think of that do walk-ins primarily or exclusively at their own shop. Can you even name 5 great artists who have a 3-day or less wait?

true dat!!!

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
ArniVidar;106010 wrote:
Wait, what?

Hehe! Exactly! I had to read it twice to be sure I wasn’t seeing things. 😀

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

This is kind of stupid in a way anyway to be honest, i know your saying you only have a set period of time to get your tattoo in, i think it’s worth waiting until you know exactly what you want instead of trying to come up with something within the 3 days. This is how people come to regret tattoo’s when they just pick what they want and not giving it some real thought.

Talisman
Participant
@talisman

Like a lamb to the slaughter, where’d he go?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.