theDONI
Participant
@thedoni

So I’ve been planning to get my first tattoo for a long time and find that I am actually pretty indecisive.

I am a pretty protective person when it comes to my younger siblings, family and girlfriend and I want something that symbolizes this. At first I was considering getting some script: either the word ‘Protect’ on my neck or something or this phrase: ‘Protect the ones that you care for, care for the ones that you love’. But have since decided getting what exact words I want and in what font/ language was just too much.

So now I’m considering getting an image which signifies and symbolizes what I was trying to say in the script.

Does anyone have any ideas? I will probably get it on my upper wrist/ forearm and it will be fairly large. I would also like to have it within a circle or something but i can worry about that afterwards.

One more thing, I don’t want anything religious as that is just not what I’m about.

Looking forward to the responses! Thanks!

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

I think it would be cool to get some sort of warrior protecting a child and wife, could be something where they are hiding behind him and his shield or something, just an idea

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

havent we already been discussing this at length in another thread? im sure someone suggested a foo dog and there were some other suggestions but you said you wanted to stick with script? if you’ve changed your mind, just update the original thread otherwise it get awfully confusing keeping up with everyone! lol

ezrider
Participant
@ezrider
kittykat200;105854 wrote:
havent we already been discussing this at length in another thread? im sure someone suggested a foo dog and there were some other suggestions but you said you wanted to stick with script? if you’ve changed your mind, just update the original thread otherwise it get awfully confusing keeping up with everyone! lol

I was just thinking the same thing lol….Sounds like they need to maybe rethink getting inked if they are this indecisive?

Amok
Participant
@amok

Get a condom tattoo.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Get this…..
lol-swastika-tattoo.png

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

The neck is a bad idea for your first tattoo unless you are reasonably certain that it won’t be a factor at work (e.g. you have already established yourself in a field where this is unimportant). There are 1001 ways you coudl go with something like this from words to symbols to something more complex. Like you, I’m also very protective by nature and down the line I was planning on a Thor piece (from Norse mythology, not the comic book character). He was known as the protector of his people.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.