Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

Hey guys, I was just googling and got the bright idea that I could get tatted by some of the best around dthe world if they would be tattooing at a convention near me!

I have no idea what the conventions are all about, Could someone fill me in on: What you do when you go?, Are the chances of getting an appt with a higher quality tattoo artist better??, Is it hard to book the artist? , How do you know what artist will be at the convention? and what conventions will be coming to your area??

Sorry for all the ?’s just curious!

Thanks guys.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

there are wbsites that list all the conventiosn of the year, just google

most conventions list the artists coming about 6 months in advance, you can also check an artsist website, they usually list their travel schedule far in advance

at convention you get to meet artists, see them work in person, see great tattoo work at the contests, see clothing and other industry related goodies for sale, many times bands play, sideshows consist of burlesque and suspensions and more, lots to do, gotta try it at least once,

you need to book artist far in advance for large piece, getting tattooed at the convention may not be as comfortable as at the shop becasue of space and equipment but it may be your only chance to get ink from certain folk. Sometimes they have some free time and you can get a small piece done, but thats just luck,

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Most my ink is from conventions. What area do u live?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
yodaddynukka;105848 wrote:
Most my ink is from conventions. What area do u live?

X2 All my tattoos except my first one are from conventions.

As Mrchen said find the convention website email the artist you want with your idea and then go get your tattoo. Even if you don’t get an appt. go there anyways and talk to the artists and then maybe the next year they will remember you and want to do your ink. Or maybe you will find a kick ass artist sitting around with nothing to do. 2 years ago on Friday at the Seattle expo while I was getting tattooed I watched Paul Acker sitting there all day with nobody to tattoo.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

it does happen, I also have seen top notch artists with some space available at the convention, not sure if someone didnt show for them or what, but there were hours available

I have also seen where somoene comes who didnt plan to come way ahead of time, so they arent fully booked

watch facebook too, the artists will usually give a shout out letting you know they have room at the convention

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

Yeah man I will definitely be trying to attend quite a few of them, seems like it would be a cool experience. I live in Dallas but If there were any artist at a convention in Houston or something I would definitely be there, I travel there quite a bit.

I just dont know many good tattoo artist much less any good tattoo artist that would be at a convention in Dallas. I have found a few conventions with a couple artist that I like but Im having trouble finding the convention sites and which artist will be there.

Thanks for all the helpo guys!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

doesnt nick baxter tattoo out of austin?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

you just missed the tattoo art revival convention last week. had some decent artists.

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack
yodaddynukka;105908 wrote:
doesnt nick baxter tattoo out of austin?

Yes he does! I would be totally stoked to get a tattoo by him!! The only thing is it would be very hard to get an appointment with him. I’d be willing to wait 2-3 years to get in his book but I doubt I could even get that. Theres always hope though..

Right now I am looking at the Immersed in Ink convention and it seems to have some good artist that are attending (although I dont have much of an eye for who is good or not I just think “hey that looks cool”)

I just want the rest of my tattoos to be done by really good artist that have a unique style of tattooing. I would Love to get a tatt done by Josh Woods, I love the style that he uses, he lays down some crazy out of this world tattoos. Does that style by chance have a name?? Lol Ive been looking at the conventions for someone with that kind of ability but have yet to find anyone that can do it like him.

Anyways Ill be on the lookout for conventions it just seems pretty hard to find them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.