anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Just booked a spot with Luca Natalini for his trip to the US this spring. I’m psyched as he’s one of my favorite artists right now and I have been trying to book him for ages. He’s going to be doing a hiking/nature piece for me. For those who haven’t seen his work, here’s a little sampling:

pasqualeglasseslarge.jpg

winterhomelarge.jpg

norwich%20sleevelarge.jpg

blueberrysleevehealedlarge.jpg

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Amazing.. Where is he based out of?? And where are you getting the tattoo done??

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
BigZach;105784 wrote:
Amazing.. Where is he based out of?? And where are you getting the tattoo done??

His shop is in Italy. Prior to that I believe he was working at Transcend in Connecticut, which is also where Lou Jacque used to work. I’m getting the tat at Lou’s new shop in Massachusetts. Speaking of, Lou is on my list of artists to get inked by one day as well.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Wow! Congrats!

Adler
Participant
@adler

Wow, that’s a huge booking. How did you manage to secure a spot with him, I thought he didn’t take new clients in the U.S. anymore. He’s coming to Off the Map but only doing returning clients I think.

Being from CT, I’m also familiar with Lou Jacque. Whereabouts is he in MA now and what’s the shop? He used to be really hard to book also.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Stellar work congrats on the booking. When is your appt?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Very nice dude post pictures when done

newdragon
Participant
@newdragon

Love the examples of his work. Congratulations!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

congratulations on such a great booking!!

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Nice one mate – how did you swing that?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Thanks all. ๐Ÿ™‚ I had to share it w/ someone who can appreciate it since my friends just say “Luca who?” and continually try to convince me that they “know a guy” who can do my tattoos for 1/4 the price. lol

Adler;105801 wrote:
Wow, that’s a huge booking. How did you manage to secure a spot with him, I thought he didn’t take new clients in the U.S. anymore. He’s coming to Off the Map but only doing returning clients I think.

Being from CT, I’m also familiar with Lou Jacque. Whereabouts is he in MA now and what’s the shop? He used to be really hard to book also.

Long’ish story. I contacted him last year for his spot at Off the Map, but as you said, he wasn’t taking new clients. I hit him up a month or two later and asked if he was planning any other spots in the US for 2012 or even 2013, but didn’t hear back. He responded me a month later and says maybe he will have a spot at another shop so he asked me what I wanted and said he would get back if something opened. That was in September and that was the last I heard. The other night he emails me and says he has a spot if I want it. I have another tattoo scheduled 4 days later, but I wasn’t about to pass up a chance w/ Luca. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lou’s shop is in South Bridge. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Clockwork-Tattoo-and-Art-Gallery/276065292404044

Wardy;105809 wrote:
Very nice dude post pictures when done

Will do. ๐Ÿ™‚

buttwheat;105806 wrote:
Stellar work congrats on the booking. When is your appt?

mid-March

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

where is the tattoo gonna be on your body? wowser 2 big tattoos in 4 days, you’re gonna feel like crap by the end of the week! lol looks awesome though, not heard of him myself but then im crap with names so that’s no surprise lol

my friends do the exact same thing! lol “oh well bob on the highstreet only charged ยฃ20 for something like that!” then i show them bez’s portfolio on my iphone for comparison to their own shitty tattoos by bob on the highstreet and they say “that’s a tattoo?? it looks like a photo!”

Case in point i think! lol Congratulations ๐Ÿ˜‰

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
kittykat200;105858 wrote:
where is the tattoo gonna be on your body? wowser 2 big tattoos in 4 days, you’re gonna feel like crap by the end of the week!l

I was originally planning on getting the piece from him on my left calf, but I was hesitant to get it there since I already have a solid black tattoo on my ankle that might not look right next to a color piece. The alternate location was my upper left arm, which is probably where it will end up. I asked Luca what he thought as well. The tattoo I’m getting 4 days later is going to be on my right calf. I’ll be sitting for 6-8 hours for each one. My immune system is going to be busy. ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.