kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200
whosyourdaddy;105661 wrote:
You fool!!!!!!!!!!

Art is anything that takes dedication and time to complete a masterpiece. Any tattoo artist had to take the time to LEARN the skills, They had to master it. You think people just pick up a tattoo machine and start tattooing beautiful masterpieces… F*** NO!

It took alot of trial and error to even figure the techniques out. this aint candyland where everything come easy and free. you gotta work hard for it. That’s why not everbody can do it. That’s what makes and artist an ARTIST! is because they stand out to the rest.

this is why you cant base your own ‘OPINION’ on this topic is because you havent put the time nor the dedication into learning anything.

you got a tattoo from an ARTIST? that was ‘easy’ right? just sit their and its all done in a few hours.

well that guy spent hours and hours practicing to get good enough to complete that ARTWORK on your body.

this whole response just confuses me completely? everyone who has responded to this thread including the girl who wrote it, has agreed that tatoos ARE an art form and was simply stating that there are others out in the ether who dont believe this to be the case, probably because they are the kind of people who just see the pain aspect of receiving a tattoo and therefore cant see past that to see the work for what it is. I dont feel that that the accusatory tone was entirely necessary as we’re all on the same side here. manners dont cost anything.

That being said, yes, i do believe that tattoos are art. you have to think that people have always had different opinions on art, the didnt understand cubism, or expressionism, but it doesnt stop it being art. Anything creative is art, the only thing to argue is how much one individual appreciates it in comparison to another. Hell, some people would say that a beautiful sunset is gods creation and therefore his art, its all down to perception. Considering the amount of time an effort one goes to from original concept to final tattoo (at least with a proper tattoo artist) they would see it for the magnificent creation that it is. i would be interested to see pictures of your final exhibition, i just hope you can do this fine art form justice and open people’s eyes a bit more ๐Ÿ™‚ xxx

clay1680
@
whosyourdaddy;105661 wrote:
You fool!!!!!!!!!!

Art is anything that takes dedication and time to complete a masterpiece. Any tattoo artist had to take the time to LEARN the skills, They had to master it. You think people just pick up a tattoo machine and start tattooing beautiful masterpieces… F*** NO!

It took alot of trial and error to even figure the techniques out. this aint candyland where everything come easy and free. you gotta work hard for it. That’s why not everbody can do it. That’s what makes and artist an ARTIST! is because they stand out to the rest.

this is why you cant base your own ‘OPINION’ on this topic is because you havent put the time nor the dedication into learning anything.

you got a tattoo from an ARTIST? that was ‘easy’ right? just sit their and its all done in a few hours.

well that guy spent hours and hours practicing to get good enough to complete that ARTWORK on your body.

Do you read what other people write or just purposely make yourself out to be an asshole because you sure sound like one. i would be surprised if you didnt have some mental problems or some imbalance of chemicals in your brain you fuckhead. your response generates no real input to the question and from your other posts in threads i have come to a full conclusion that i hate you and wish mercy on your soul. i pray for the day we meet so i can whoop you like your stepdad did you animal fucker. i know u atleast once in your lifetime touched an animal inapropriately and liked it then decided it was better than females because they would actually let you fuck them and not run away screaming like all the fat chicks you normally try to bang out. so next time please read what others write.

Panter
Participant
@panter
clay1680;106047 wrote:
Do you read what other people write or just purposely make yourself out to be an asshole because you sure sound like one. i would be surprised if you didnt have some mental problems or some imbalance of chemicals in your brain you fuckhead. your response generates no real input to the question and from your other posts in threads i have come to a full conclusion that i hate you and wish mercy on your soul. i pray for the day we meet so i can whoop you like your stepdad did you animal fucker. i know u atleast once in your lifetime touched an animal inapropriately and liked it then decided it was better than females because they would actually let you fuck them and not run away screaming like all the fat chicks you normally try to bang out. so next time please read what others write.

Come on, stop pussy footing around and say what you really feel ๐Ÿ˜€

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Goddamn missing like button! Come on Arni! Sort it out! Lol x

Talisman
Participant
@talisman
Rebecca612;105539 wrote:

A friend and I are setting up an exhibition highlighting the subject as to whether tattoos can be classed as art work. We have tattoos ourselves and believe they are a form of artwork but we’re looking for other people’s opinions and their explanations as to why they believe it is art work. Obviously it’s going to be a pretty biased opinion from this thread but any feedback would be brilliant!

Thanks,

Rebecca

Hi,
just wanted to say that art can take any form through whichever medium we choose to work with. I guess tattoo’s would fall under many categories related to art, culture and body adornment. I was raised with the tribal customs and traditions of the New Zealand Maori where the style of tattoo artwork ‘Ta Moko’ is more about identity explaining their rank, tribal family tree, profession and a spiritual connection with the hosts ancestors as well as striking fear in their enemies (a multi-purpose all in one tattoo) :). Your exhibition would be interesting to see the variety of styles and responses. I hope you keep us informed – ๐Ÿ˜Ž thanks

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

It doesn’t matter where anything is drawn it is always art whether it’s somebody spray painting it on your $100,000 car outside or whether it being in your skin, paper.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
clay1680;106047 wrote:
Do you read what other people write or just purposely make yourself out to be an asshole…..

Gooooosssffraaabbaaaaaaaa!

SpideyFan
@

There’s absolutely no way to prove what is or is not considered “art”. It’s a fact, look it up.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Art
1 โ€‚ โ€‚[ahrt] Show IPA
noun
1. the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.
2. the class of objects subject to aesthetic criteria; works of art collectively, as paintings, sculptures, or drawings: a museum of art; an art collection.
3. a field, genre, or category of art: Dance is an art.
4. the fine arts collectively, often excluding architecture: art and architecture.
5. any field using the skills or techniques of art: advertising art; industrial art.

i looked it up and strangely enough i found a definition, that’s called a DICTIONARY, do you feel a little bit silly now?

SpideyFan
@

I stopped reading your reply when your definition said that “Dance is an art.” That is an opinion, not a fact. Look up the definitions between the two. That should help you just a little bit.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Okay.. that’s it. I’m tired of your trolling. You’re outta here punk, and if Turbo disagrees he can unban you himself.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

sometimes arni i do love you just a little bit ๐Ÿ˜€

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Awww… only a little bit?

tumblr_kw5dwq8ABZ1qzcjydo1_500.png
HULK SAD
kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

ok maybe lots lol you’re my fave moderator ๐Ÿ˜‰

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Huh.. that’s not saying much, since I’m the only active one. That’s like saying your vajayjay is your favorite one… you only have one, so there’s not much comparison going on ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.