theDONI
Participant
@thedoni

So I’ve been considering getting a Sanskrit tattoo because I am about an 1/8th Indian and I think it looks amazing.

The problem with this is I’m worried about getting the writing wrong (re: Rihanna).

Does anyone know of a good website or something that can accurately translate an english phrase into Sanskrit?

Also I was considering getting something like:

“Protect the ones that you love/ that need it” or something similar. Ideas and advice would be welcome.

EDIT: Just realised I spelt Sanskrit wrong in my title. Yuck.

Thanks!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I would go to my local university and check out the language department and see if they can help.
I wouldn’t trust an online website but here is one http://spokensanskrit.de/

theDONI
Participant
@thedoni

I’m not sure if I’m using that online translator correctly but when I want something translated it seems to come up with over 25 pages of responses.

For example: ‘Love’ has so many translations. Am I reading it wrong?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

As said you need somebody that can read and speak the language as there are many words with variation and phonetic differences between male and female.

Do not trust a website – look into your local colleges university or invest in a dictionary which is done by a reputable publishing house.

I have seen a lot of hebrew tattoos that are wrong and whilst some make me laugh others make no sense at all so always best to try and get a translation from source.

If worst comes to the worst get a translator service for business to do you a one off contract.

Also remember the writing has to be able to be quite large so that the artist can copy it so you at least pt 12 or above on scale.

Take care
Matthew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.