eyesoffire
Participant
@eyesoffire

hey everybody,

my next tattoo im getting a gothic cross with the words love thy family in it. and on each point i was going to put my 4 family members names. i was wondering though should i use my mother and fathers name or go with mom and dad?

thanks

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

tbh, i think having script in the middle and then people’s names will look crowded, if you really want the “love thy family” i would leave it there, your family know who they are and i dont think it will detract anything at all from the meaning by not having their names. just my opinion hun, good luck x

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts

we can give advice and criticisms on what you get due to style or quality of work, but you honestly think we can advise you on whether to get your own parents names or not? no one but you can decide on something that personal mate

ZombieBelle
Participant
@zombiebelle

i agree with kitty, i think it would probably look too cluttered

…. but if your heart is set on it, i would personally put their name as it is to me. So instead of “Bob”I would have “Dad”

bluey
Participant
@bluey

You could always put the names around the cross in an oval / circle pending on the style of the cross, but I agree with the others that in the cross it would be to cluttered.

eyesoffire
Participant
@eyesoffire

hey everybody thanks for the input. i dont think i was clear enough in my first post, but i got my new tat done yesterday. it has a scroll going on the bottom vertical piece of the cross that wraps around three times and has love thy family on it. my family’s names are on the outside of the cross. 1 underneath the bottom point, 1 beside the right, 1 beside the left, and 1 above the top point. ill put a picture up later when its healed. got it on my chest above my heart

ZombieBelle
Participant
@zombiebelle

i think we all understood 🙂 looking forward to seeing the pics

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.