spork3127
Participant
@spork3127

Long story short, I’ve got the bug to get some new ink. Unfortunately, it’s been about 10 years since I last had anything done, so I’m somewhat out of the loop. Whatever I decide on, I’d like for it to be dedicated to my sons that my wife and I lost due to complications during the pregnancies.

I’m not an overly religious person, so I don’t feel that an angel or a cross really suits what I’m looking for. I’d like something that’s different/unique and more than just their names. I like the idea of footprints, but the sets that we have are more like a black smudge in the shape of a foot and lack a nice shape or detail. Plus that design has become almost too popular. I’m considering 2 sets of 3 children’s blocks with their initials showing, but not sure if I like the idea enough.

Just thought I’d see if any of you guys had any ideas. Thanks for any input!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Welcome aboard. Ill have a think of some idea’s for you.

spork3127
Participant
@spork3127

Thanks, Wardy. It’s one of those things that I’ll know it when I see/picture it.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Yeah i know exactly what you mean dude, and this tattoo has a lot of meaning to you so it’s good that your giving it some real thought.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

hi, welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about your boys but its lovely that you want to memorialise them. do you def want to include their names/initials? you can look at hearts and flowers and scrolls? angel wings rather than an angel? teddy bears holding hands with their names on their bellies? it depends really on the kind of style you like. where is the tattoo going? 🙂 x

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Truly sorry to hear of your loss. There are many types of images and symbols you could use to represent your kids in a tattoo. Birds are often used imagery for loved ones lost, as well as butterflies. Lambs are used to represent children, too. Empty shoes also represent the loss of a child, usually with one shoe turned over. The sun can represent a soul rising to heaven. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of images at your disposal.

Were there any words or phrases that were specifically resonant or comforting during that time? Maybe two birds flying up over an open book with some inspirational phrase?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

welcome to the forum, definately sorry for your loss, my wife and I lost a child ourselves, I am sure you will find lots of ideas and information here

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

I’ll be doing a crow for a friend’s father who passed last year. I always liked the myth and legend of the crow and death. You should look into it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.