EllaMarie
@

Hey everyone. So, I’ve been thinking about getting a face tattoo, not sure what of yet or even if I’m going to go through with it, but I was wondering – If I do get a face tattoo, can I still wear foundation or will it cover it too much/make it not look right?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I would highly recommend against it if for no other reason than the fact that it may limit employment opportuinities. You can cover it though I’m not sure how convincing it will really look.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

If your already on about covering the face tattoo with makeup so people can’t see it before you have even got the tattoo then im afraid a face tattoo is really not for you.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Oh honey if you get a face tattoo you will never have to worry about makeup again. Nobody will ever see anything about your but the tattoo. You will also never have to worry about your hair or clothes also.
Good luck

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i wouldnt recommend it, your employability will drop to near zero for a start. if you’re already planning makeup as wardy said then a facial tattoo is not for you, unless you’re a world renowned tattoo artist. good luck x

clay1680
@

im pretty sure shes saying will wearing makeup make it dissapear as in she still wants to show it off and not have the makeup compelety cover it. thats how i read it.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Don’t do it

You don’t even know what you want yet

There was a lad close to me when I lived in Nottingham who got face tattoos in the 1980s (quite the trend with skins and punks at the time)

Anyways he wore make up (probably told by the unemployment office to wear it or lose his benefits) and you could still see them

Unless you already have a long term career in a traveling freak show (I am not being funny) or you are in jail for life and want to scare all the new fish – please don’t get any face tattoos

ArniVidar
@arnividar

There is a good reason why reputable tattoo artists refuse to do face tattoos on people unless they are already very heavily covered. Face tattoos are for freaks and criminals, and even though people are slowly but surely getting used to ‘regular’ tattoos, the face tattoos are going to take a few hundred years more to get through.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200
ArniVidar;104472 wrote:
There is a good reason why reputable tattoo artists refuse to do face tattoos on people unless they are already very heavily covered. Face tattoos are for freaks and criminals, and even though people are slowly but surely getting used to ‘regular’ tattoos, the face tattoos are going to take a few hundred years more to get through.

agreed, even Kat Von D who is a famous tattoo artist now frequently covers the stars on the side of her face with makeup and has said in interviews that sometimes she wishes that she hadnt gone as far as her neck and face because if tattooing hadnt gone this way for her she would have nothing and also she will have to how that looks later in her life. if even she is regretting it then i certainly wouldnt consider it x

clay1680
@
ArniVidar;104472 wrote:

i think thats taking it a little to far saying its only for freaks and criminals. i do agree it is a bad decision unless like you stated are very heavily tattooed. but just because the person has a face tat does not automatically categorize them as a freak and/or criminal.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Sorry, I thought it was obvious that I was just channeling public opinion.

I don’t personally believe that anyone is a freak or a criminal just because of how they look. Actions prove that, not looks. ๐Ÿ™‚

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
ArniVidar;104490 wrote:
I don’t personally believe that anyone is a freak or a criminal just because of how they look. Actions prove that, not looks. ๐Ÿ™‚

very well put!

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

I know what you are saying Arni – nothing wrong with being a freak in fact some people make a nice living from it but you can’t get face tattoos then go for a job interview with make up on your face and then wonder why they didn’t hire you etc etc

I have heavily covered but I would still never go for neck or face tattoos

๐Ÿ˜Ž

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.