kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

lol!! never trust spell checker! its more disabled than wardy when it comes to the correct spelling of ANYTHING! lol

art in any form is there to be appreciated and critiqued. tbh when i show people my paintings and drawings, i expect them not to like it and rarely do i actually manage to get another artists constructive help on my technique because its just not easy. the work i do some people love and others hate and that is to be expected but i am happy to hear what they think either way 🙂 (i dont particularly like the criticism, no one likes to think that other people dont like something they have put so much time and effort into) at the end of the day like i said you have to remember who your target market are, their opinion in any business is the one that matters the most if you want to make money. if you do it for the fun of it, well, who gives a damn! lol

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Im glad patch will post it up, as an artist who has paid their dues you dont have to put any weight on a novice enthusiasts comments, but he or she may have a point, so like Ami said it would be good to read them all.

And if an artist only wants artist opinions he can post on one of those sites like tattoodles or something that only artists can comment.

But I think it is bold brave and good for business to put your work out there. I appreciate the guys and gals who do!

If I am commenting on technical aspects I try and say so, if I am commenting on composition, or line weight or light source, whatever it is I try and say so.

Taking criticism is hard for all or us and any not 100% positive raises hair on anyones back. I dont enjoy criticism of my HVAC design work, but I have to listen and honestly evaluate those opinions to see if there is anything valid amongst them.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
kittykat200;104254 wrote:
lol!! never trust spell checker! its more disabled than wardy when it comes to the correct spelling of ANYTHING! lol

Yeah my spelling is really bad i must say, My maths isn’t much better. I just think school is over-rated as we go to school to get the skills ready to work so we can earn money. I had a job waiting for me since i was 11 so school wasn’t really needed for me hence why i pissed around a awful lot in school hehe.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
kittykat200;104254 wrote:

Oh, not at all. I have mine trained pretty good, so it rarely ever makes mistakes. Then again, I rarely ever make spelling mistakes myself, so my spell checker doesn’t have to work much 😀

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I type to fast trying to work and surf at the same time, doesnt always work well

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.