Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

Hey guys, As you know I have been looking for a good artist and the first guy I went to just sent me a sketch and IMO it looks AMAZING! it is exactly what I wanted with more creativity.

Tell me what you think.. Be constructive please.

IMG_7994.jpg

IMG_6480.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I think it’s cool. It will need a lot of space like your back. Find a great tattooist and plan on giving them a buttload of money.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Of shit I reread what you said. I had thought that this was your sketch.
For an artist it looks like a real quick sketch. Don’t be silly talk to remember and stay after the top notch artists

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

its a cool idea, i hope your artist is better with a needle than a pencil! lol good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

nice concept, rough sketch

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

Thanks chen, Is it not detailed enough??

I want to maybe ditch the words and put a skull in the smoke somewhere.

Also, I went up to make an appt with Rember and hes pretty booked up for a while=( Which isnt surprising cause he is a really good artist but I wasnt planning on waiting that long.. oh well.

Any tips on making this sketch a bit better??

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Dasch-attack;103475 wrote:
Any tips on making this sketch a bit better??

Yes have a better artist draw it.

Adler
Participant
@adler
Dasch-attack;103475 wrote:
Also, I went up to make an appt with Rember and hes pretty booked up for a while=( Which isnt surprising cause he is a really good artist but I wasnt planning on waiting that long.. oh well.

Just curious, what’s your idea of “booked for a while?” How long you talking about?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

If that is supposed to be what the finished product looks like, it’s not good at all. If it’s a 2 minute, extremely rough sketch, I’d say take a close look at the stencil before it’s applied because it looks like this tattooist sucks at drawing.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Im guessing this was a really quickie drawing, it is sketched poorly, crooked working poorly done on truck, buildings are lacking detail, the heart is not centered, the wording on street is wonky, cross isnt centered on truck roof, very rough, eye is not well drawn,

Im just syaing if my artist handed this to me for my final drawing unless I knew him very well, Id be a little worried
If it was just a quickie to agree on particulars of your concept, ok

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack
Adler;103479 wrote:
Just curious, what’s your idea of “booked for a while?” How long you talking about?

Well He said it would be late february before I could even get a consult to get a sketch drawn out..
and I have no idea how long it will take to draw it but is that usually a normal wait time??

Thanks for the criticism I actually noticed after you guys pointed it out.

That drawing is a rough draft he wanted to make sure that he understood what I wanted so he didnt have to draw it again. Ill tell him to make it more detailed on the final draft.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

its cool as long as you know what you will be getting as a final product

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

feb is only really 8 weeks and given that 3 weeks between now and then are considered the festive season so he will not be working much its not that long to wait. my artist doin my next piece is usually booked up to a year at a time so i was really lucky. i just think that this drawing does not bode well for the future of this tattoo, maybe post his “final draft” as well before you let him permanently scar your skin ๐Ÿ™‚ x

Adler
Participant
@adler
kittykat200;103521 wrote:
feb is only really 8 weeks and given that 3 weeks between now and then are considered the festive season so he will not be working much its not that long to wait. my artist doin my next piece is usually booked up to a year at a time so i was really lucky. i just think that this drawing does not bode well for the future of this tattoo, maybe post his “final draft” as well before you let him permanently scar your skin ๐Ÿ™‚ x

I agree, waiting until Feb or beyond is nothing and well worth it if you are truly interested in getting a better tattoo.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Wait for a better artist.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.