SwampThing
Participant
@swampthing

I’ve had this idea since I was a boy, and my education and life has only made me want it more. What I’m imagining is a chest piece of the Milky Way galaxy, in color of course. I love the art of tattooing and am very particular about the style, and craftsmanship. I really want it to be full of color and detail, something I’ll admire and be proud of forever. I was just curious to ask you guys a few questions about the tattoo.

1. How long would it take? Hours? Sessions?

2. Cost? When putting a life long work of art on my body price is really no object, so feel free to be a little liberal

3. Degree of pain? I’m not too worried about the pain, I’m simply curious.

4. A recommended artist(s)? I live in New York, about 30 minutes outside NYC. I’d be willing to travel a day to see a good artist.

hs-2006-10-a-wallpaper_preview.jpg

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Will be a very hard tattoo and will probably look like a black blob. Never the less will need a amazing artist to pull it off. As for the price go in to a tattoo studio and ask the artist that will be doing it different artists charge different prices. As for the pain different people have different pain thresholds so impossible for us to say.

Post pictures when done

SwampThing
Participant
@swampthing

I know it would be difficult, but I think with a talented enough artist it would definitely be possible. I mean, I’m no art major but by simply using layers of color I think it’d be possible. One big black outline, fill it in black, then start with the center, coloring where the design dictates. But then again, I’ve never gotten a tattoo and am not an artist.

Do you have any idea was colored and detailed chest pieces usually run for?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
SwampThing;103233 wrote:
Do you have any idea was colored and detailed chest pieces usually run for?

Like i said it depends on the artist you go to, pointless asking prices as we won’t know. Unless the person has been tattooed by the artist you are getting tattood by.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Finding the right artist for this is key. other wise it will look like this

As for cost it will depend on the artist and size. I would figure in the $800 -$1500 range for a good artist.
As for pain everybody’s pain tolerance is different but remember pain is temporary.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

im yet to see a good tattoo of a galaxy i have to say… i’ve seen brilliant solar system/planet tattoos, but these… not so much, wardy’s right a lot of them just look messed up because of the nature of the design. i hope you can find someone that can pull this off effectively for you, i’ll be interested to see the end result if you go ahead with it 🙂 x

SwampThing
Participant
@swampthing

I’ll definitely be getting it one day, it really just comes down to finding a good artist.galaxy-tattoo-m.jpg

See, it’s not impossible!

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

we obviously have very different tastes lol no offence but i dont think that’s good at all it just looks messy to me. but if that’s what you like then good luck finding an artist 🙂

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Good luck, i hope you will be happy with the end result.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I’m sorry Swamp thing but that tattoo is awful. Please ask us here on your artist that you find before you get it.
Space_Leg_Tattoo_M.jpg
SpaceSleeve.jpg
Img90795_Matspace.jpg
outer-space-theme-tattoo-on-the-back-full-b-o-tattoodonkey.com.jpg
ink-8381.jpeg
tumblr_le5xlc1VFM1qbrvplo1_500.jpg

These ones are way better.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

see, now those are freakin awesome! lol notice most of the really good ones focus on swirls rather than the stars in a galaxy 🙂 have to say i love the third one and the last one best!

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Agreed. The good ones are more akin to collages. They have planets, comets, nebulae, even astronauts. I think that a straight Milky Way tattoo would be problematic at best, and pretty awful at worst. Maybe expand your scope and incorporate some of those additional features?

Be really careful about who you choose and look into their work carefully. I wouldn’t go to someone who had never done a space motiff successfully already in their portfolio.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.