ryan2022
Participant
@ryan2022

Hi guys/girls,

I’m at a bit of a crossroads with my tattoos.

I’ve got an appointment I’ve waited for 8 months for, to see the artist my wife and I usually go to. I was all ready to get a cover up on the
nasty ass scorpion I got when I was 10 years younger and working in a bar. My current tattoos are all black and grey, tidy and have meaning to them. The cover up I have planned will be more of the same.

A bit of personal background. I’ve been having lasering done on the scorpion, which was poorly done and didnt suit me, and it was always a bit rough for my tastes. I’m starting to wonder now at 33 weather the tattoos in general even my character. Honestly, although being a lifelong martial artist, whos overcome some tough times in his life, and a pretty cool wife who has a bit of ink of her own, and a handful of piercings, I’m still a bit of a dork! I’ve got a goofy ass smile and not much fasion sense. lol.

Sometimes I just feel like the ink doesnt suit me, even though they all have meaning and are well done and crisp. Most have a Japanese flair, and are traditional. Its strange. When I look in the mirror, I like the tattoos, but when I see myself in a photo without a shirt on, it makes me crazy.

Any insight? Have any of you doubted your tats if you’ve got a few?

Thanks.

Ryan

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

To be honest with you; there is no tattoo type. Either you like them and get them or you don’t. I’m a huge nerd and don’t look like a tough guy at all. I’m also heavily tattooed and apprenticing to be a tattoo artist. I see all sorts come in. I just tattooed a 70 year old retired school teacher for the first time in her life. When she’s done she’ll be pretty well covered. I think that if people want them they should get them. Just get what’s important/cool to you and don’t worry about whether or not they clash with your geeky disposition. My tattoos most certainly clash with my nerdness.

ryan2022
Participant
@ryan2022

Hey, thanks a lot.

Thats a down to earth answer. I appreciate it, its good food for thought.

Ryan

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Id save Dave hit that right on, visting shops as often as I do I see every walk of life, now that the artform has grown in popularity there really isnt a tattooed type anymore,

I am a 48 year old business professional, many professional licenses, not the tattooed type I would say.

All that matters is do you like the ink? I love mine, going to keep getting more, wife has NO tattooes, but she lets me be me, cant beat it

ryan2022
Participant
@ryan2022

Thats great, thanks guys. I feel better. I’ve always been slightly more concerned about what others think of me than I should be.

I appreciate it

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i certainly dont look like the tattooed type, there’s nothing rock and roll or alternative about the way i look but i love my tattoos and will keep getting more that suit me and my needs, sod everyone else 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.