kymfa
@

I want to get my other halfs name tattoo’d on me.
I was wondering if anyone has? What you think about this?
He’s names Dan (Daniel) … Anyone have this name on them? I’m looking for ideas.
I have my daughters name on my wrist and a tribal on my back I’m thinking to get this under my bra line maybe?
TIA for the help 🙂

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

my advice… dont do it! i am happily married, we have been together 7 and a half years, we have our own home we are very happy and i cant imagine my life without him. but… shit happens, and i would never get his name on me as you never know what the future holds. a child is different. they are your child for life but i would never have a partner or another family member name on me personally. if you want to get something to symbolise him and your relationship then that would be the way to go. I have 2 swallows to signify us and that is just fine for me :)i have seen numerous people getting names covered and its just not worth it, however if you decide this is what you really want to do then that’s entirely your choice 🙂 good luck x

SDArtGeek
Participant
@sdartgeek

I agree with kittykat. Even though we’ve been together for 8 years (married for 3) I wouldn’t do it. The immediate reason being that yes, shit happens like kat said. But I personally would rather get something that symbolizes us, and our time together, than just his name. I’ve been trying to think of a tattoo like this for myself for awhile, it’s just hard to narrow it down to an image or idea that gets ‘us’ as a whole. However, if you do decide to go with his name, find an artist who can freehand letters instead of picking a font style, it’ll be that much more personal 🙂

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

DONT DO IT.

I have so many removal clients with names they want gone.
I have heard every story about every failed relationship in the world.
You might think even if Dan were to die you would still want his name on your heart but I can tell you as a man I would find that hard to deal with if I was your new fella in the future.

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts

i agree with the above

just suck him off more often, it’ll mean more to him, trust me.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I’ve known my wife for 18 years, together for 14, married for 8. Even if we split tomorrow, I wouldn’t regret getting her name on me because no matter what happens, I can’t just erase the last 18 years and I would always wish her the best. Some people become bitter and angry though and just see the name as a constant reminder of misery. Also, if we did split, I realize that it might be difficult for the next woman to deal with seeing another woman’s name on me, though I would hope to find someone more secure and mature than that. In any case, I won’t be getting it done as I really don’t like text tattoos one bit. 😀

MississippiTattoos
Participant
@mississippitattoos

I cover a ton of names everyday; kids and family members names are different. They will Always be family. If you want to get something for your significant other I would recommend some kind of matching or conjoined type tattoos. That way if things go to hell, it can mean whatever you want it to.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.