JuliusCaesar
Participant
@juliuscaesar

Hey everyone.

So I recently got a new (and first) tattoo, but turns out it seems and looks amateurish and sloppy.

After some time sitting and thinking, I’m beginning to realize about the best option for me now, to have a nice tattoo and continue with a sleeve later, would to be to just get it covered up.

The trouble is I have no idea at all how I could make another tattoo out of this one… So, what about just a solid black band wrapping around my forearm, covering the tattoo..? I was thinking this may look ok, throw some Roman Numerals around the top and bottom, maybe add in the Veni, Vidi, Vici again, throw in a couple of my favorite roman God’s symbols… Maybe black band, grey/white symbols/lettering?

I can envision it, it looks good, but I want someone else’s input. Does this seem like a good idea, or should I stick with the original tattoo? After watching shows like L.A. Ink and Miami Ink, mine just seems like a kid in a back alley drew it with a crayon.

So, thoughts? Opinions? Should I try and do a black band cover up thing, or just try and be happy with it now?

(One of the pics is just a really rough, crappy, amateurish sketch of what i may want it to look like.. just imagine the band is black, and the lettering/symbols are white/grey..)
http://www.thetattooforum.com/album.php?albumid=4844

Thanks guys…

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Hi, Haven’t you already made a thread about this tattoo? 🙂

JuliusCaesar
Participant
@juliuscaesar

Yea, but i dont know how or if i can delete it..

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
JuliusCaesar;102373 wrote:
Yea, but i dont know how or if i can delete it..

Im just wondering why you are making another thread if there has already been one made 🙂 ?

JuliusCaesar
Participant
@juliuscaesar

idk bro, figured i needed more input, aint no one replying to the other. Besides, the other is about adding onto it, im thinking now i should just cover the thing up. IDK, just need more input.. is that not enough?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

No problem dude was just curious that’s all, as for a cover up i think that would be kind of difficult as it is in black. If you really do want a cover up though i would recommend some lazer surgery.

The right artist might be able to fix that for you though.

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

i dont’ think it’s that bad… don’t cover it up, maybe just add to it…

Funk
Participant
@funk

Yeah, I really don’t think it looks that bad… and for a coverup you probably would have to get some lazering done.

Is it just me or do the D, N, and C look out of proportion? Could just be the angle as well. Or maybe I’m just a fuckin’ idiot.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

ok so its not the best most inventive work of art ever but its not a seriously shitty tattoo, tbh the biggest problem i have is the commas lol they are really unnecessary! lol i wouldnt cover it, especially not with a thick black band and numerals, it will look terrible. i’d say get any niggles you have sorted and then just get it added to like the others suggested. im sure a decent artist will be able to come up with something that will compliment it 🙂

MississippiTattoos
Participant
@mississippitattoos

its not a horrible tattoo, the lettering is supposed to be stone I am guessing? I would probably not try to cover this, it could defintely be made to look better with some more refinement and possibly some background to make it all come together and pop.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.