asiansenseizhan
Participant
@asiansenseizhan

Okay so my new tattoo is exactly 20 days old. its a 7 character lettering that is supposed to have a black outline and colored kind of blue-green (the color of the ocean) inside. right after it was done, fresh as fresh could be, it looked great! all bright and nice. however now, it looks really faded. the blue is so light its almost white, and the outline is gray and not jet black. my tattoo is on my outer forearm btw.

i dont quite know how this happened. can any of you help me? this is how i went about the healing process:

my artist wrapped my tattoo in a plastic wrap and told me to take it off as soon as i got home and wash it with soap and water and to apply some vandol (ointment for wounds and burns and baby rashes). so thats what i did. however, i first appied it with some organic mosturizer that had aloe vera on it which my artist said was fine. right on the second day, my tattoo started to scab heavily and the scab was REALLY dark. i washed and applied the aloe vera around 3 to5 times daily for two days until i switched to the vandol. on the 3rd day the scabs started to fall off and all scabs fell off by the eighth day and what was left was this really light, milky version of what i first saw when my tattoo was freshly made. i switched to some mild lotion and just kept taking care of my tattoo in the hopes that it would darken over time. it did darken but only ever so slightly. it looks a far cry from what it should look like and its already the 20th day! i cant really tell what i did wrong….but if i had to think of something, it might be that maybe i applied too much vandol? i heard that ointments sometimes suck the color out of tattoos. or maybe because my tatt was exposed to sunlight? im a football player and i had to go back to training exactly a week after i got my tattoo. we train from 6am to 8am so the sun isnt as bad as the afternoon but still….and i did wear long sleeves over it sometimes. what do you guys think i did wrong? ANY suggestions and feedbacks or recommendations will be very very much appreciated! also, please ask me questions if you want to know more about what i did during the healing process as to give better advice. thanks guys!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

A new tattoo should never be exposed to sunlight btw and even once healed, you should always use SPF 30+ sunblock. If you had scabs, you shouldn’t have been applying anything to them. Of course, what ink the artist used and his skill level play a role as well.

Pics?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

we cant say why it scabbed but it should not have, can scab from overwork, not so trained hand or from trapped moisture and blood matter

tattoo espcially new tattoo should never been exposed to sunlight, it destoys them,

I also try not to work out alot with new ink, trying not to stretch the skin so much and more inmportantly try not to trap any moisture in my new piece

sound slike alot of over moisturizing, trapped sweat and discharge off the tattoo

its most likely ruined, wait 6 months and do it again with prpoer aftercare

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Could be new skin forming over the tattoo (normal). It will never look as bright as it did on the day you got it.
Post a pic.

asiansenseizhan
Participant
@asiansenseizhan

what if i get the outline retouched first and just wear long sleeves every training for about two weeks? or should i just wait for my season to end and just get the whole thing fixed in around 3 months?

clay1680
@

yes i would recommend waiting until the season is over because it will most likely happen again and since your playing football theres no doubt its gonna get banged up during practice and games. so hold off on the next session and maybe find a new artist because if he worked it so hard where its scabbing the next day or two he really overworked it. i havent seen more than some mild bruising around my tattoos and never any scabs. if you get a chance post some pics so we can give some more feedback.

asiansenseizhan
Participant
@asiansenseizhan

hey guys thanks for the feedback and all. im just wondering what it was exactly that caused my tatt to fade. because my tattoo started scabbing heavily on like the second or third day and by the fourth day the scabs started falling off and i could already see the faint color beneath. the scab were really dark as if it sucked all the ink. and this all happened before i even started training (went back to training a week after). so it couldnt have been the excercise nor the sun? possibly i put too much ointment? and also, what do you mean the tattoo isnt supposed to scab? i thought that was supposed to be normal? i almost always scab when i get a wound..

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

most likely scabbing caused by trapped moisture pulled the color out, light scabbing and allowing them to fazll off by themselves will usually only take a small amount of color, but heavy scabbing pulled your color out before it could be locked intot he dermis layer by your body

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

mine always scab a bit and its not becuase of my artist because other friends have been to the same guy and not scabbed, i just have different skin, however none of mine have ever been really heavy or pulled the ink out so im not sure what has happened with yours to make it do that. I would wait a while until it has healed fully and just make sure that nothing is rubbing on it etc and see what happens 🙂 good luck

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.