cam86
Participant
@cam86

Hi, i am getting my first tattoo tomorrow. It’s lettering down the side of my ribs in plain black. It’s going to be about 1.5cm high and 20cm long..does anybody have an idea of roughly how long it may take? It’s in Magna Veritas font which isnt too fancy!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Hello and welcome to the forum. Everybody like’s there own tattoo but many on this forum including myself will advice you not to waste one of the biggest area’s on your body for tattoo’s on some text tattoo. End of the day different people like different thing’s though so it’s up to you.

Be sure to post pictures when your done.

cam86
Participant
@cam86

it’s the only one i plan on getting though so wasting an area shouldnt bean issue. My work excludes me from having them in anywhere more visable as well.

Do you have any rough idea how long it will take though? It will be 23 letters and about 1.5cm high and 20cm long. Obviously i realise every tattoo artist works at a different pace, i was just looking for a rough estimate really! the font wont have any particularly intricate detail.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I would say no longer than 45 minutes 🙂

Amok
Participant
@amok

3-4 hours with smoke breaks

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Amok;101554 wrote:
3-4 hours with smoke breaks

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i have writing on my ribs, it feels a lot longer than it is coz the ribs are pretty narly! i have to say that they were the worst 25 mins of my life lol i would rather have the 2 hours on my hips bones again than do the 20 mins on my ribs again! lol i rekon it’ll take no more than an hour if you let them just get on with it and they are careful, just take a fizzy drink and dont go on an empty (or full!) stomach and you’ll be fine 🙂 x

bluey
Participant
@bluey
cam86;101548 wrote:
it’s the only one i plan on getting though so wasting an area shouldnt bean issue. My work excludes me from having them in anywhere more visable as well.

Do you have any rough idea how long it will take though? It will be 23 letters and about 1.5cm high and 20cm long. Obviously i realise every tattoo artist works at a different pace, i was just looking for a rough estimate really! the font wont have any particularly intricate detail.

Famous last words. Many here only planned on getting one, now most here just plan on getting another one and another one.

Unless you are a stripper you will find ways of hiding them. There are many members here who have work restrictions and have quite a bit of ink.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200
bluey;101717 wrote:
Famous last words. Many here only planned on getting one, now most here just plan on getting another one and another one.

Unless you are a stripper you will find ways of hiding them. There are many members here who have work restrictions and have quite a bit of ink.

Ditto! i have a no visible tattoos rule at work and it hasnt stopped me, i only wanted one too and i still havent got that one 4 tattoos later! lol

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.