Skrata
Participant
@skrata

Hello, I’m young tattooed lady from Estonia. I’m writing my PhD paper about tattoos, one of the articles is about memorial tattoos – tattoos made because of someones death. I would be very happy if you would write back to me and answer some questions:

1) Have you done memorial tattoo? (For tattoo artists – how often you see someone who wants tattoo to honor somebodys memory?)
2) Do you know somebody who is done that? Why he/she made the decision to do memorial tatoo?
3) Who are these people? (Gender, nation, age etc)
4)What symbols are used? How these tattoos look like?
5) Have you thought about making one? Why and where and which it should look like?

I’m would be very thankful for your answers. Please write your age and country also ๐Ÿ˜€

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Please may we see your tattoos. I think you may be trying to deceive us.

Skrata
Participant
@skrata

See my profile page, I have pictures there ๐Ÿ™‚

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Skrata;101381 wrote:
See my profile page, I have pictures there ๐Ÿ™‚

Ok
I have a memorial tattoo for my dad. it does not include his birth date, his death date, his name or any script at all. I pick a picture that reminds me of a time that my dad and I shared.

be84f43e.jpg

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

I also have a memorial without a name, death date, birth date, or any script.

My grandmother was my favorite person to visit when I was little. Her name was Mina. She worked in a book store in the mall and would let me have books about animals. We’d walk through the mall and go to the pet shop where they had a myna bird that could talk. I thought it was beautiful even though it was pitch black with weird yellow bits on it’s head.

I always wanted a phoenix tattoo for everything I’ve come through and grown stronger from, so I decided to give my myna some phoenix tail feathers.

294147_2584895581324_1222534758_33169110_273554391_n.jpg

Adler
Participant
@adler

This is my sort-of-memorial tattoo. There are many elements to this which have subtle representations of my family members, all of whom are still alive. I decided to get a family remembrance tattoo before there were deaths so I would have happy memories.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Four months ago, my Jessica died. She was my best friend and the woman I loved. I always assumed when our final fight that kept me from talking to her for the last weeks before her sudden death blew over, that I’d end up with her, married, and with a mess of kids.

Can you miss a time of your life that never happened?

My Jessie had a tattoo of Gossamer on the outside of her right thigh.

Now so do I. He’s going to be grieving her for as long as I live.

Him and I have that in common.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200
KnightHawk;101827 wrote:
Four months ago, my Jessica died. She was my best friend and the woman I loved. I always assumed when our final fight that kept me from talking to her for the last weeks before her sudden death blew over, that I’d end up with her, married, and with a mess of kids.

Can you miss a time of your life that never happened?

My Jessie had a tattoo of Gossamer on the outside of her right thigh.

Now so do I. He’s going to be grieving her for as long as I live.

Him and I have that in common.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

๐Ÿ™ that’s very sad, and also very sweet. Cant imagine what that would be like ๐Ÿ™

It’s horrible losing people we love.

I dont have a “memorial” tattoo in the sense of anyone who is no longer here, but my two swallows on my hips are my symbol of eternal love between me and my husband, and i have some script on my ribs about my love for my family. They say something about me and my priorities and reminds those that i love that i love them enough to want them with me wherever i go. Memorial tattoos dont have to be for the departed, though i find they are often the most lovely imho ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.