athousandtimes
Participant
@athousandtimes

Hi ya’ll, I’m relatively new to both tattoos and this forum. I’ve got two tattoos and lots of ideas for more, and look forward to transforming those ideas into ink.

I love my tattoos, and have no regrets, but have begun to realize after more research and learning how good my future tattoos could be. Up until this point I’ve pretty much just walked into the local places and gone with the guys there who looked decent. I think it’s turned out well, but not outstanding. Now I’d like to put some effort into finding a really high-quality artist who can work with my ideas, and was hoping some of you guys could steer me in the right direction.

I like more realistic-looking styles, not totally photo-realistic, but more like a painting-style realistic, if that makes any sense at all. I like animals and natural landscapes and am looking to get a mountain lion for my next tattoo. If anyone has suggestions for artists and portfolios I could check out, or other sources of tattoo learning, I would love that. Also, I live in the Southern/Central California area, so artists in the area would be great. Thanks!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

You could of just put all that information in your welcome thread but oh well, Sounds good.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Welcome. You are lucky you live in the mecca of uber talented tattoo artists.

You looking for something like this?
cousin-to-pigeons.jpg
Leslie Reed

Or something like this
260495_1890790502783_1032117348_31686122_2869644_n.jpg
Kirk Alley

athousandtimes
Participant
@athousandtimes

I like both of those, the top piece (Leslie Reed) is amazing, and Kirk Alley’s gallery looks awesome too. I’d like to have both styles represented eventually, but right now I’m more leaning towards something like the Alley piece.

Thanks!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Well click here and get a hold of Kirk or here to get a hold of him on facebook he is a very approachable guy. I have had many of conversations with him.
Leslie is out of Alaska but I just love that tattoo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.