DragonSiren
Participant
@dragonsiren

Got home from work today and just found out from my other half that the tattoo studio im using has rang and the artist who is doing my half sleeve is leaving the country………
Not a happy bunny, just rang them and said well is he at least going to finish the work he started?!
Nope, his work i going to be taken on by the other artists in the studio.
Im so annoyed I only had 3hrs before it was finished!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Decided on using sim after a lot of looking at his porfolio, just basically wanted a bit of a rant.
Im perfectly happy with him going for in the studios words a once in a lifetime opportunity, just think after waiting 6months he would have the consideration to finish what he started or at the very least the ones like mine 3rs or less jobs!:(

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

this is very bad news because the new artist might not be able to pull it off as good as the old artist. He should of at least stayed to finished of what he started you should take this further and ask for your money back.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

This happens sometimes. Luca Natalini moved to Italy with a ton of unfinished pieces left in the US. Now when he does come to the US, it’s nearly impossible to get booked if you’re a new client because every time he’s here, he’s finishing pieces he started years ago.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

UGH! I hope it all works out to your satisfaction. Sorry this happened to you. 🙁

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

sorry it has happened to you…………..
here in atlanta 2-3 years is normal for an artists to hang out, alot of artists whom are my friends and would agree with my saying this are kinda picky about who they work with and they get the itch to move……things might be going great where they are, but after 2 years they get the itch and move, I follow some of them………a couple guys have gone onto really great shops (like Paul Booths) what are you gonna do, cant stop them from progressing and being happy but it sure sucks for us!

it is difficult to find someome whose style can carry the piece out, but you can find someone.

the problem as I see it, is even though they might run a machine the same way and have the same basic style they dont think the same sometimes and the piece can look different because the new artist is heading in his own direction………take some time and find the right person, as little time as you have left you shouldnt have to worry about diirection, it is already set!

DragonSiren
Participant
@dragonsiren
mrchen;100656 wrote:
sorry it has happened to you…………..
here in atlanta 2-3 years is normal for an artists to hang out, alot of artists whom are my friends and would agree with my saying this are kinda picky about who they work with and they get the itch to move……things might be going great where they are, but after 2 years they get the itch and move, I follow some of them………a couple guys have gone onto really great shops (like Paul Booths) what are you gonna do, cant stop them from progressing and being happy but it sure sucks for us!

it is difficult to find someome whose style can carry the piece out, but you can find someone.

the problem as I see it, is even though they might run a machine the same way and have the same basic style they dont think the same sometimes and the piece can look different because the new artist is heading in his own direction………take some time and find the right person, as little time as you have left you shouldnt have to worry about diirection, it is already set!

I know, im trying not to be-grudge him as I know he loves thailand and all, its just it took me so long to pick him… and maybe one day he may become one of those super star tattooists like paul booth! Its just I wanted him to finish mine off….

I know I will, going to have a look at said’s (sims) finished Koi and hopefully they will meet my satisfaction as I know he can do really good japanese if he wants too. As when I was getting tattooed by arran, sim was doing a japanese/ waterfall peice on some girls ribs and I was actually quite surprised by how nice it looked as I know japanese isin’t his first love.

My last 3hrs is only going in one direction my direction if it can be helped, after all the whole line work is there just needs a little bit of colour. But hell, I will have a further inspection of his work in person soon and I will see were I go from there. And if its not what I want I shall ask for a refund and take my money else were to someone of my liking!

The amusing thing is, well to me anyway i: that I was considering him for a small peice in the future anyway as his style suits the peice I have in mind LOL!

DragonSiren
Participant
@dragonsiren
msmercury;100649 wrote:
UGH! I hope it all works out to your satisfaction. Sorry this happened to you. 🙁

Me too!! Especially since ive got toothache as well today, not in the best of moods LOL

DragonSiren
Participant
@dragonsiren
Wardy;100643 wrote:
this is very bad news because the new artist might not be able to pull it off as good as the old artist. He should of at least stayed to finished of what he started you should take this further and ask for your money back.

I intend too, but first things first a good look through all there work is in order. Then I can better assess who I think will finish it to my standards!

Adler
Participant
@adler

Don’t feel obligated to have the work finished at that shop, either. If you think an artist at a different shop can better finish the project then definitely go that way. I think that’s what people here are suggesting and I’m not sure if the OP is thinking that route or not.

DragonSiren
Participant
@dragonsiren
Adler;100673 wrote:
Don’t feel obligated to have the work finished at that shop, either. If you think an artist at a different shop can better finish the project then definitely go that way. I think that’s what people here are suggesting and I’m not sure if the OP is thinking that route or not.

I don’t really feel obliged to do anything to be honest, all Im saying is I will take a look and if its not what I want I shall take my buisness elswere. Oh and I appricate all of your advice, its nice to have people to discuss my woes with ^_^

HarrisAlanify
Participant
@harrisalanify

You should try to find a good artist to continue your tattoo next time.

DragonSiren
Participant
@dragonsiren
HarrisAlanify;100836 wrote:
You should try to find a good artist to continue your tattoo next time.

He is a good artist, too good thats the problem, so his found himself a better position in thailand.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

May we see a picture of the tattoo he started?

DragonSiren
Participant
@dragonsiren

First off please excuse the terrible pics my other half is definatly no photographer and im not much better trying myself LOL! But here you go!!

P111111_2046.jpg

P111111_2039.jpg

P111111_2040.jpg

And in this pic he actually managed to get it all in LOL!

P111111_2056.jpg

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

It’s a very good tattoo! Let’s just hope the new artist that you choose will be able to pull it off.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.