xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

so about a year ago i’d say my life was very different…

well in terms of body mods that is… i had my ears pierced and wore plain studs, which i took out before i got into the office and put right back on as soon as i left…

now i have stretched my ears to 4g, had my first tattoo, and just very recently got my nipples pierced! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

so the big question i wanted to throw to everyone is, how and when do you stop? ๐Ÿ˜€

already now i’ve been very excited about what to do next: i plan to size up my ears to at least 0g, i missed the chance to get inked in Canada, but have travels to Philippines, China and US in the next months and plan to get at least a small piece done from each country, also wanting to stretch my nipples now to at least 8g after reading some people’s recommendations, and now also thinking of getting my eyebrows pierced as well.

now as above i said i’m very excited about all these plans… but sometimes i do get that ‘what have i become and when do i stop?’ kinda feeling… anyone else get that?

i work in finance in a really big fmcg (#1 in the world) and really feel i have big corporate life ahead of me… but that hasn’t really stopped me from getting the piercings and tattoos i want as long as i can hide them. and the fact that i can share them with some colleagues in secret actually adds to the thrill and the want to get more of them…

the other big factor is the wife as you know. and she’s been incredibly tolerant but only recently. it took forever to convince her to let me get my first tattoo, but after seeing how i felt about it afterwards she has became very supportive of the next ventures i have in mind…

she does throw the curve ball every now and then, asking me if i really wanted to get my entire (or most) of my body inked eventually (or get more piercings) and how i think my kids (i have my first on the way btw) will feel about them… and also how as i climb the corporate ladder, it may affect how both my big bosses and subordinates would feel about them…

and yeah it makes me pause and think for a while… but as of now the “want” still heavily outweighs the “not want”…

as i write this i realize what really matters is how you feel at the moment… we never know what will happen tomorrow so we really need to LIVE each day…

i’m 29, i have the most gorgeous, wonderful and supportive wife, my first baby on the way :), a good enough job and promising career that pays for most luxuries i want, i get to travel a lot both of business and personal trips, i can buy all gadgets and gizmos i want (another passion of mine), and got my tattoos and piercings as icings on the cake i guess…

I’d say i’m HAPPY… so why stop? ๐Ÿ˜€

now if only i could lose those 30 or so pounds…

peace y’all!

xander

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

You said it yourself. If your happy why stop, Do it until you don’t feel the need to do it anymore.

DragonSiren
Participant
@dragonsiren

Go for it, no one else can live your life for you! And you should do what makes you happy!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I would go for the ink and as I have done remeber to let the wwife spend some money shopping when you put on another $1000 tattoo…………….the piercings I would keep conservative. You must consider your career as your wife and familys lives depend on it………if you can hide it, go fo r it!

Enjoy,………………. Im not going to stop

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

sorry to revive an old thread but i figured i’d best use this one to update on my personal progress… (more for myself actually :), ‘coz i really find it amazing how much (or little, depends on how you look at it) progress i made since joining this site back since 4 or 5 years ago)

so as of today (12-18-2011), i had my second tat (http://www.thetattooforum.com/new-ink-do-you-think-t20406.html?t=20406) and both ears at 2g.

3rd ink definitely planned in april when my baby girl is born, and ears to 0g around that time as well. hopefully 4th ink in China soon after (if i find the right artist) and 5th in the US sometime May/Jun. The ears hopefully i can stop at 0g, and the nipples well let’s see where that goes.

getting tremendous support from the wife now :), and realized that over time the trick is really finding/designing a piece that appeals to her aesthetically and amazes her basically, from there convincing her to have it on me permanently seems much easier…

well that’s it really! thanks if you managed to read up to here!

big thanks again for this site and the members, you’ve all helped me a lot in one way or another. a week for me won’t be complete without taking a peek at who buttwheat is bashing at or what topic wardy is trying to explain himself on (peace and love to both of you :D)…

ciao for now!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

you joined this site in feb 2010 not 4or5 years ago man:D

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

haha wardy yes you’re right! i didn’t realize that hehe… well i’ve been lurking way before i joined which is why i feel i was here longer! ๐Ÿ˜€

and btw, love your new ink(s) man! keep filling ’em arms up fast!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
xanderx;103615 wrote:
haha wardy yes you’re right! i didn’t realize that hehe… well i’ve been lurking way before i joined which is why i feel i was here longer! ๐Ÿ˜€

and btw, love your new ink(s) man! keep filling ’em arms up fast!

Thanks man! ๐Ÿ˜€ i will ๐Ÿ˜€ same to you your new leaf/owl peice is awesome! why stop when you love it!

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

How to stop, indeed! There’s really no reason to if it makes you happy. I’m only being restrained because my husband has a REAL issue with tattoos. I would probably have had my whole body covered with Freddie Mercury if left to my own devices. I’m only about to get my second tattoo and again, that was another long drawn out process. It was a year of begging and deal making to get my first, a Freddie Mercury tattoo. I have a piercing or two I would like as well. A lot of us out here are in similar position as you.

I think you do have to take into consideration your wife’s feelings, of course, that’s the way marriage is, but you cannot and should not discount your desires, as you are still your own unique person and deserve to have some things you want in this life. There can be compromise in there. I think you all ready found that compromise. You are planning to keep things so they can be hidden while in your work environment, so that keeps the wife happy and feeling secure. Just continue in like manner and you will be able to continue getting some of the things you want without risking anything. You will need some restraints, of course, due to your job, but you are being mindful of these things and planning wisely. Your kids will be fine. Just be prepared for the day when they may also want to do the same! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Losing 30 pounds will be more of a challenge and a real committment, but well worth the efforts you put into it. Start out setting small goals and once they are routine and part of your lifestyle, add on to them until you have incorporated all the changes you desire and then make it a lifetime habit. Most of all, enjoy it. Choose the activities that you love and make them work for you so that it is something you look forward to and want to do. I love running and strength training, so that’s what I do to keep in shape. I run 5+ miles every day because I just love it and it is the one time of evening I get to be alone with my music and my thoughts while enjoying the great expanse of night sky in all it’s glorious splendor.

Best to you and keep doing what you love! :):):)

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I must be really lucky that Amy loves my tattoo’s and like’s the idea of me being covered?

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Wardy;103627 wrote:
I must be really lucky that Amy loves my tattoo’s and like’s the idea of me being covered?

You are, Wardy, so don’t screw it up! LOL!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

Thanks for the wonderful reply msmercury! ๐Ÿ™‚ I agree with most everything you wrote and I sympathize that your case with your hubby is really much tougher than mine I realize… ๐Ÿ˜ก but as I shared before I think if you are in a solid relationship I’m sure he will come around…

Got big dreams in the corporate world and wifey cares for that as much, so yes I’m making sure what I do will not impact that dream.
And for the kids, o-oh ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I think that’s where we will have some problems when they will ask for the same. I think they will have a tougher time with their Mommy! ๐Ÿ˜‰ and if they turn to me I will just say “Well I waited ’til I was 29 for your Mom to let me get mine, so I guess you’ll have to wait!” Haha.

Oh yes, then there’s the weight! Thanks for the tips! I’m getting serious these next 3 months and will share my progress (if any) on the fat-shedding!

Thanks again and advance Merry Xmas to you and your family!:)

msmercury;103625 wrote:
How to stop, indeed! There’s really no reason to if it makes you happy. I’m only being restrained because my husband has a REAL issue with tattoos. I would probably have had my whole body covered with Freddie Mercury if left to my own devices. I’m only about to get my second tattoo and again, that was another long drawn out process. It was a year of begging and deal making to get my first, a Freddie Mercury tattoo. I have a piercing or two I would like as well. A lot of us out here are in similar position as you.

I think you do have to take into consideration your wife’s feelings, of course, that’s the way marriage is, but you cannot and should not discount your desires, as you are still your own unique person and deserve to have some things you want in this life. There can be compromise in there. I think you all ready found that compromise. You are planning to keep things so they can be hidden while in your work environment, so that keeps the wife happy and feeling secure. Just continue in like manner and you will be able to continue getting some of the things you want without risking anything. You will need some restraints, of course, due to your job, but you are being mindful of these things and planning wisely. Your kids will be fine. Just be prepared for the day when they may also want to do the same! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Losing 30 pounds will be more of a challenge and a real committment, but well worth the efforts you put into it. Start out setting small goals and once they are routine and part of your lifestyle, add on to them until you have incorporated all the changes you desire and then make it a lifetime habit. Most of all, enjoy it. Choose the activities that you love and make them work for you so that it is something you look forward to and want to do. I love running and strength training, so that’s what I do to keep in shape. I run 5+ miles every day because I just love it and it is the one time of evening I get to be alone with my music and my thoughts while enjoying the great expanse of night sky in all it’s glorious splendor.

Best to you and keep doing what you love! :):):)

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
xanderx;103633 wrote:
Thanks for the wonderful reply msmercury! ๐Ÿ™‚ I agree with most everything you wrote and I sympathize that your case with your hubby is really much tougher than mine I realize… ๐Ÿ˜ก but as I shared before I think if you are in a solid relationship I’m sure he will come around…

Got big dreams in the corporate world and wifey cares for that as much, so yes I’m making sure what I do will not impact that dream.
And for the kids, o-oh ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I think that’s where we will have some problems when they will ask for the same. I think they will have a tougher time with their Mommy! ๐Ÿ˜‰ and if they turn to me I will just say “Well I waited ’til I was 29 for your Mom to let me get mine, so I guess you’ll have to wait!” Haha.

Oh yes, then there’s the weight! Thanks for the tips! I’m getting serious these next 3 months and will share my progress (if any) on the fat-shedding!

Thanks again and advance Merry Xmas to you and your family!:)

You are welcome and Merry Christmas to you and yours as well! Look forward to hearing any progress you make with your weight loss. Yes, you will make progress if you stick with it and don’t let set backs destroy your long term goals! It really is a lifetime journey staying in shape, so just keep looking forward, not backwards, you’ll get there! Hey, you never know, your kids may end up hating tattoos and want nothing to do with them! :):)

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

if you want an excellent artist in the china area, check out elvin yong. his b/g rival bob tyrell.

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx
yodaddynukka;103647 wrote:
if you want an excellent artist in the china area, check out elvin yong. his b/g rival bob tyrell.

is he from China? googled him and i keep seeing singapore? thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.