oliander
Participant
@oliander

I really really want to get this as a tattoo… with only the skrillex part visible, and the liquid in black light ink, but i want to get the liquid in white and i dont want it to look like someone splooged on my back… there are some other images with lightning and smoke around them… anyway What do you guys think of the overall idea of the skrillex part visible with the rest in black light? and if i get the liquid in white will it look like someone splooged on me?

oliander
Participant
@oliander

The image isnt even showing up is it?

Knitrocks
Participant
@knitrocks

I`m afraid not 🙂

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

That would look good on a t shirt or as a sticker. Horrible tattoo idea.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx
arnoldsantos1;99869 wrote:
That would look good on a t shirt or as a sticker. Horrible tattoo idea.

Agreed. That would definitely look like splooge.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
JENerationX;99874 wrote:
Agreed. That would definitely look like splooge.

Whats splooge? Is that like spooge?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Spooge has been my brother’s nickname since high school. I’ve always wondered why, but was hesitant to ask. He does have an affinity for strip clubs so I can probably guess …

Anyway, I don’t particularly like the idea of this as a tattoo – in part because it’s someone’s logo and in part because the lightning really requires a very good artist to pull off successfully. I would also avoid the blacklight ink as there have been a lot of health concerns specifically associated with this type of ink. White isn’t a much better idea since white ink tends to become translucent after a short time. All of that said, it’s your skin and your money so if you really want to go forward, then go for it.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I am sorry to say it but the image would not translate at all well into a tattoo unless you were prepared to make major concessions, and then it simply would not look like the piece you have quoted.

From my research is a bit about black light /uv ink

UV INK (Black Light Ink)

This type of ink is a relative newcomer to the tattoo scene and has been around approximately 10 years for human consumption, although it has much more recently taken off for use as a tattooing pigment
The ink in essence glows in the dark especially when it is placed under an ultraviolet light (the kind usually found in nightclubs).

Although they come in colour the white ones are not as discernible to the naked eye but the outline of the scar can be seen on the skin.

So what is it made from?

There are two main types of UV ink on the market:

Polymethylmethacrylate 97.5% and micro spheres of fluorescent dye 2.5% suspended in UV sterilized, distilled water.

This was mainly used for marking animals and fish. This was so they could trace at night in the wild.

The second type of pigment used is a photo luminescent pigment, which contains alkaline earth aluminates.

These can include the very toxic soft metals

Barium
Beryllium
Radium
Strontium

All of these are highly toxic to the human body and can lead to cancer and severe allergic reactions.

There is no official research as yet as to whether this type of ink is safe to use in tattooing in the long term.

Would you really want that in your body?

Take care
Matthew

oliander
Participant
@oliander

this was all very helpful thank you

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I was just about to say what Sherav said. :rolleyes:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.