ctrl.keys
Participant
@ctrl-keys

okay, so cutting a long story short I have gout, a condition in which my foot blows up like a balloon and I have to take anti inflammatory medication to get the swelling down, normally it doesnt bother me but it has decided to come back right after ive just had a fresh 7 hour session of Tattooing, currently I am on day 4 of healing and havent touched any medication but woke up at 3am this morning in extreme foot pain, so my question is, how long should I wait till I take any NSAID (anti inflammatory) medication, I dont want to ruin the healing process of my tatt but I dont know how long I can hold out in this pain, which is about a million times worse than initially getting the tatt in the first place.

really hope someone can give me some advice as my GP says, yeah sure take the meds but I am a hundred percent sure he has no idea about the tattoo healing process and doesnt care if the tatt gets messed up.

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

you can take your meds without hurting your healing process, dont worry about it, a little anti inflamitory isnt going to hurt

ctrl.keys
Participant
@ctrl-keys

hey Mrchen,

thank you sooooooo much for your reply, ive been holding out for 4 days in the fear that the blood wouldnt clot properly or something, hearing that makes me feel a lot better, the tatt seems to be healing nicely, its got no scabbing and no leaking or anything, just a little peeling…..

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

If your 4 days in to healing most of your clotting has already taken place so go ahead and pop those nsaids and get yourself some relief

ctrl.keys
Participant
@ctrl-keys

hey Buttwheat, thank you for your reply, trust me i got 150mgs of indomethacin with my name on it…. will wait till the gout attack kicks in again and will be a happy pill popper knowing my tatt is safe, yeah 4 days as of today, got it done on Monday, it seems to be healing better than any of my other tatts… very happy with it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.