perdu
Participant
@perdu

Hi

I’m new to the forum and have a question about stencils.

I have no idea about tattooing but my brother is learning (with fake skin) and hand drawn stencils.
I have a dot matrix printer (not thermal) and I want to buy transfer paper as a present.

What type of paper I need?

Thanks

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

You will gain no info here on how to butcher someones skin. Please seek out proper training through an apprenticeship.

perdu
Participant
@perdu

Sorry but it’s a little harsh.

He’s trying to learn with fake skin, how can he get an idea, if he have an aptitude to be a tattoo artist without trying. How can he’s get an apprenticeship without any portfolio even if it’s only fake skin.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
perdu;99465 wrote:
Sorry but it’s a little harsh.

He’s trying to learn with fake skin, how can he get an idea, if he have an aptitude to be a tattoo artist without trying. How can he’s get an apprenticeship without any portfolio even if it’s only fake skin.

He can do it by stopping because he’s trying to start at the deep end. Put the machines down and pick up a pencil get yourself a portfolio together and then seek a apprentiship.

It’s one of the rules of the forum that no tattooing advice will be given so it isn’t harsh at all. If you want to learn to do it, do it properly.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
perdu;99465 wrote:
How can he’s get an apprenticeship without any portfolio even if it’s only fake skin.

Any tattoo mentor worth his salt will kick your brother’s ass if he shows up with a portfolio of tattoos scratched.. regardless of them being scratched on fake skin. His portfolio should be DRAWINGS that show his skills at DRAWING. The tattooing technique (all of it) will come from the mentor.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.