kb93
Participant
@kb93

Hello everybody,

I’ve been planning on getting a tattoo for a long time now and have had the basic idea sketched for about a year.

Here’s the sketch. It’s pretty poor quality because of the scanner and because I’m not an artist
2011-05-25_22-48-28_745.jpg

It’s four orange-red tropical flowers with the word “Jouissance” written over it.

Jouissance means a couple of things, kind of taking pleasure from suffering, or getting off on suffering. It’s that sick little satisfaction you get when shit happens to you. It also means pleasure so great, it’s painful, and vice versa. Literally translated, it means “enjoyment” but the french term also connotes a sexual pleasure. If you are still interested, wiki explains pretty well http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jouissance

Basically, I need advice on a couple of things because I’ve never had a tattoo and I’m still unsure about a couple things. I’m planning on shopping around for different artists in the Chicago/Kenosha area, but I want as much advice as I can get.

First of all, I don’t know really where to put it or how big it should be. I know I want it on the right side of my body, from the top of my thigh to my armpit. I’m just worried about stretching. I also don’t want a tramp stamp.

Second of all, I’ve heard a lot about “old school” and “new school” and different schools and stuff. I don’t really understand it all. Is it important to know and, if so, what is my tattoo?

Thirdly, how long do you think it will take and how expensive based on the size you recommend? Price isn’t an issue, only to prolong the amount of time before I get the tattoo, but I don’t want to be ripped off

Thank you so much for reading this much, and thank you in advance for any advice you have.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
kb93;99225 wrote:
Hello everybody,

I’ve been planning on getting a tattoo for a long time now and have had the basic idea sketched for about a year.

Here’s the sketch. It’s pretty poor quality because of the scanner and because I’m not an artist
2011-05-25_22-48-28_745.jpg

It’s four orange-red tropical flowers with the word “Jouissance” written over it.

Jouissance means a couple of things, kind of taking pleasure from suffering, or getting off on suffering. It’s that sick little satisfaction you get when shit happens to you. It also means pleasure so great, it’s painful, and vice versa. Literally translated, it means “enjoyment” but the french term also connotes a sexual pleasure. If you are still interested, wiki explains pretty well http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jouissance

Basically, I need advice on a couple of things because I’ve never had a tattoo and I’m still unsure about a couple things. I’m planning on shopping around for different artists in the Chicago/Kenosha area, but I want as much advice as I can get.

First of all, I don’t know really where to put it or how big it should be. I know I want it on the right side of my body, from the top of my thigh to my armpit. I’m just worried about stretching. I also don’t want a tramp stamp.

Second of all, I’ve heard a lot about “old school” and “new school” and different schools and stuff. I don’t really understand it all. Is it important to know and, if so, what is my tattoo?

Thirdly, how long do you think it will take and how expensive based on the size you recommend? Price isn’t an issue, only to prolong the amount of time before I get the tattoo, but I don’t want to be ripped off

Thank you so much for reading this much, and thank you in advance for any advice you have.

First your choice on placement should do more with flow then anything else. I think it would work well as a “tramp stamp” God I hate that term it is a sexy place for a female tattoo. Unless you’re obese then it won’t be a good spot.

Second that tattoo would be no school and it really doesn’t matter. this is were you and the artist talk about the style check out lots of styles and types of tattoos and bring in pics of the ones you like.

Thirdly Anywhere between 2 hours 36minutes and 10 hours depending on the artist.

Good luck

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

Find someone with a good at home set up. They’ll be the best artists you can find. Have them draw it up and tattoo it. It shouldn’t take longer than 45 mins.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.