art by tye j
Participant
@art-by-tye-j

Hello,

im interested in pursuing a tattoo apprenticeship. i have been a serious oil painter for the last ten years and i seriously thinking about getting into tattooing. here is the link to art shop below.

please tell me if you think i have what it takes to be a tattoo artist.

cheers,

Tye J.

art by tye j
Participant
@art-by-tye-j

sorry i did not know that i could not post a link to my art shop. i have no intention of spamming ar promoting myself here is a few pics instead. again im really sorry about that:o

il_570xN.252320981.jpg
il_570xN.253100142.jpg
il_570xN.68148397.jpg

Amok
Participant
@amok

I really like the desert fox painting!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

you certainly show some talent, I paint myself, however your drawing prowess will more closely relate to your switching over to the artform of tattoo, do you have some work we could look at?

art by tye j
Participant
@art-by-tye-j

thank you.

i should mention the sizes of the pieces

16×20

36×36

4 feet by 6 feet

art by tye j
Participant
@art-by-tye-j
mrchen;99146 wrote:
you certainly show some talent, I paint myself, however your drawing prowess will more closely relate to your switching over to the artform of tattoo, do you have some work we could look at?

i dont really have much for drawing. alot of my figures and animals are used by image transfering.

i make a lot of tracings.

art by tye j
Participant
@art-by-tye-j

il_570xN.240496938.jpg

also i have a youtube video

just search art by tye j

or google tye j schloer.

i cant post a link to my shop. it is againt the rules

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

The raw talent is there as far as your eye for color and composition. As was stated above, drawing skills are what translate best to tattooing. Line work is arguably the most important part of tattooing. Watercolors are probably the best medium to work with when painting tattoo designs because tattoo ink is transparent like watercolors. Tracing alone won’t get you very far. You might have to reprogram yourself a bit.

art by tye j
Participant
@art-by-tye-j
DavidJednat;99159 wrote:
The raw talent is there as far as your eye for color and composition. As was stated above, drawing skills are what translate best to tattooing. Line work is arguably the most important part of tattooing. Watercolors are probably the best medium to work with when painting tattoo designs because tattoo ink is transparent like watercolors. Tracing alone won’t get you very far. You might have to reprogram yourself a bit.

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

That is really good to know that ink is transperant like water colour. i actually paint in very very thin transperant glazes so that might be a big advantage for me. thanks for the pointer !!

Cheers,

Tye

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

you have talent! the desert fox is amazing.

But the girl at the top only has 3 fingers and a thumb?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Wardy;99168 wrote:

So do the Simpsons. ๐Ÿ˜€

To the OP: I like these. I can’t say how well it would transfer over to tattooing, but there are certainly some famous tattoo artists that fulfill certain niche markets (e.g. ‘whims’, graffiti, brush strokes, etc)

Amok
Participant
@amok
Wardy;99168 wrote:

Lool her other fingers are behind the ears of the horse…………..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.