mlamothe
Participant
@mlamothe

Im just looking for advice on how to deal with a shop I received a botched tattoo from and what I should expect.
Just over a month ago I got a simple tattoo on my foot that says “so it goes.”. It is along the outside of my right foot. The artist did it in about 10 minutes and put the bandage on right away, I didn’t even see it. Upon removing the bandage in the morning it looked like there was a halo around the “es” in goes. Now I have looked up tonnes of pictures of blowouts and it looks like nothing Ive seen. The line is perfectly crisp and the letter is clearly defined, it just has a grey halo around it. It really takes away from the look of the tattoo. The first “o” is also very sloppy and the bottom of it is thinner than the rest of the tattoo and isnt rounded.
I live about four hours away from the shop where I got the tattoo. I called right away after it healed and they told me to email them pictures, so I did. The response was telling me that it is my fault and that I should have been and probably was warned that foot tattoos dont take well. Now I would be ok with this response IF it looks like a normal blowout or if the bleeding of the ink occurred over time! But it was immediate and looks very unusual! After several more emails I found out that my artist is in Costa Rica until March of next year. The shop seems unwilling to do anything.
My question is what do I do? It looks terrible and the shop is not cooperating. I paid $90 for it and I now need to pay even more should I get it fixed.

mlamothe
Participant
@mlamothe

I have a link to a picture of the tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35260496@N06/6258285990/

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Looks like a blowout to me, or extremely poorly done shading. It’s also on all the letters and dots… not just the last two.

6258285990_802c75a287_b.jpg

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Do you not see the irony here?

Seriously though, I don’t know what this shop or any shop could do for you. The good news is that it’s on your foot, which is easily concealable.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
D3FiANC3;99135 wrote:

ROFL! Indeed :p

D3FiANC3;99135 wrote:
The good news is that it’s on your foot, which is easily concealable.

And it’ll fade real fast on it’s own, so lasering won’t be necessary.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

I’d recommend lots of sun.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

yeah,blowout by a piss poor artist………….dude you got to aim higher before some f*cks you up somewhere besides your foot

mlamothe
Participant
@mlamothe
D3FiANC3;99135 wrote:

Seriously though, I don’t know what this shop or any shop could do for you. The good news is that it’s on your foot, which is easily concealable.

You have no idea how many times I’ve heard that. Lol Im starting to find it funny myself. I just wish I could have it dealt with. Maybe a colour outline?

mlamothe
Participant
@mlamothe
mrchen;99147 wrote:
yeah,blowout by a piss poor artist………….dude you got to aim higher before some f*cks you up somewhere besides your foot

The reason why I went to this artist is because my friend got an amazing back piece done by him. My research was done, I guess he just snorted a line before work or something that day..

Amok
Participant
@amok

Do the opposite of after care instructions and get out in the sun, that sucker should fade fast

mlamothe
Participant
@mlamothe

Any opinions on having it colour outlined?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
mlamothe;99161 wrote:

I’m sorry for your bad experience but just move on from this tattoo it is done. The tattoo wont last to long in good shape anyways. the side of the foot is not a good place for a tattoo.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
mlamothe;99161 wrote:

You could try that but I think it would just make matters worse. As above, it won’t take long to fade on your foot, especially if you get out in the sun a bit.

mlamothe
Participant
@mlamothe
D3FiANC3;99181 wrote:
You could try that but I think it would just make matters worse. As above, it won’t take long to fade on your foot, especially if you get out in the sun a bit.

I would try the sun option but it’s not really possible where I live right now

Amok
Participant
@amok
mlamothe;99229 wrote:
I would try the sun option but it’s not really possible where I live right now

Do you have an angle grinder or belt sander?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.