doogle
@

Good Afternoon All 

I’ve have joined the forum for some ideas for a cover up tattoo ( upper left side of back) I have deeply regretted getting done when I was in with a bad crowd 15 years ago.

Over the past 12 months ive had 8 laser sessions and the tattoo has faded a considerable amount and I plan on another 3 or 4 before going ahead with a cover up.

I have found an artist who is very confident in cover up work and the portfolio shows this, they have mentioned with the way the tatt has faded I will be open to a lot of designs.

The tattoo I would like designed is to be based on my little girl that means the world to me ie name and date of birth ( I have found a calligraphy style font that is amazing) .

She was born on valentine’s day so iam looking for inspiration on the pictures I could use .

I would very grateful for any ideas / comments / criticism by forum members and artists

Many thanks for your time
Doogle

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

welcome to the forum and congratulations on sitting thru 8 sessions of lazer to get rid of a bad piece, I now that wasnt easy.

I really dont let anyone give me input on a tattoo design I am thinking of, I actually usually discuss them with no one other that to tell my friends I am getting a koi, or dragon etc

I really like to find my own references and bring them to my artist of choice to design my piece with them.

But I am sure some folks around here have some ideas, welcome again and good luck with the new work!

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Do you have any pics of the current tattoo so we can see what it needs to cover?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

The first thing that comes to mind is a cherub since her birthday is on Valentine’s Day. You could put the name/DOB on a sash (depending on position of the cherub) or banner. That’s just one of a million possible ideas though. I usually hit Google images for inspiration. Barne and Noble and the other big chain bookstores don’t really have many books on art. 🙁

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.