Panter
Participant
@panter

Got to be honest here, they don’t really bother me.
My (professional) artist is booked for 6 Months, another guy in his shop has a waiting list of a year which seems to be the case for all the big talent so most people seem happy to wait (and pay) for good ink.

Are scratchers really that big a problem? surely it’s common sense not to let someone tattoo you in a kitchen or whatever. As they say, you get the tattoo you deserve

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Personally, my problem is not with the fact that they are not in a shop, but rather that they pose a considerable health risk to every person they ink. How many scratchers are actually certified in handling bloodborne pathogens? 1 in a million. I think that someone that shows this little regard for others deserves all the shit they get.

From an artist’s point of view, I can also understand why many of them are opposed to scratchers because it hurts the legitimacy of the industry. It really made no difference back in the days when tattoos were just for sailors and bikers, but the industry has moved in a completely different direction and some guy getting Hep C after his buddy inks him in his basement just isn’t good for anyone.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

They put shitty work out there. That work gets seen, and people form opinions of tattoos, tattoo artists, and maybe tattooed people based on seeing that.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

no they are not taking work out of a real artists hands, but they are f*cking people up, they are disrespecting the art form, the industry and all the people who do it the right way, and yes the people who use them get the shitty ink they deserve

should we hammer hands like the old days, yup

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.