young-lecky
Participant
@young-lecky

I got a bit more of my tribal filled in on saturday, and i usualy go to the gym on mondays wednesdays and saturdays.

I only go on the treadmill and exersice bikes.

I was wondering would the workin out, and sweating affect the ink in the tattoo any? if theres any change it could affect it, id rather take a few days off keeping fit than risk the quality of the tattoo.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

young-lecky
Participant
@young-lecky

the tattoo is on my bicep/tricep if it makes a difference

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

Sweating won’t affect your tattoo.

young-lecky
Participant
@young-lecky
arnoldsantos1;99015 wrote:
Sweating won’t affect your tattoo.

Thanks, thats the answer i was hopin for (Y)

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

none of the artists who have worked on me want me to work out week after ink if there is any chance I will pump or stretch the area

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

I’ve been told that it is not recommended to work out for the first few weeks after a tattoo, not only because of the stretching issue, but also because of sweating. A tattoo is an open would, basically, and you want to keep it as clean and dry as possible. That’s how tattoos can become infected, especially at a petri dish like a gym.

Look at it this way: that tattoo is going to be on you for life. Is it worth missing a few workouts to make sure it heals right and looks good forever? I workout, too, and I waited three weeks after my tattoo to start up again.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I would skip the gym the first couple days at least. The chances of it getting infected go up about 1000x in that environment and at that point, the tattoo is still an open wound.

Three weeks though …. that’s way past the point of muscle loss so I can definitely understand not want to skip out for that long.

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Hey! It was my first ink! Just wanted to be safe and not screw it up. I think my artist said to wait a week or two if I remember right, but I was overly cautious. Plus, I’m so ridiculously ripped and muscular, its hard to lose any real muscle in just a few weeks. 😉

Amok
Participant
@amok

the artist who did my first tattoo said sweating is the problem but made no mention of stretching the skin. Still I stayed away from the gym for 2 weeks. When I got my second tattoo I realised there’s no need to wait this long at all.

4 days after the tattoo I was back at the gym. Just keep the sweat off it and try not to stretch the area too much while it feels tender.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I always take a couple of weeks off form the gym after I get a new tattoo whether it’s needed or not. I’m not a professional bodybuilder so I’m not going to sweat it (pun intended) if I miss some workouts. I don’t want to worry about sweat, stretching, dirt, … during the healing process. I would rather be overly cautious than not enough.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I take at least a year off from the gym after a tattoo

Amok
Participant
@amok
buttwheat;99173 wrote:
I take at least a year off from the gym after a tattoo

Yeah we can tell.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.