Wout-Jan
Participant
@wout-jan

Hi everyone!

In the next weeks I want to have my first (and last) tattoo. It means pretty much too me this tat but I’m not quite sure what to have tattooed. It has something to do with the words ‘ courageous’ or ‘brave’. I’m looking for a symbol or some that represent these words.

Thanks for thinking with me!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

There are an unlimited number of ways you could go with this one. You could do something with a tiger or lion, from a B&G portrait to Japanese style. You could do something related to mythology (e.g. Perseus, renowned for his courage). You could do something cliched like Kanji or an Iron Cross. Since you already stated that this will be your “first (and last)” tattoo, I’m guessing you want to go with something fairly small and simple?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Congrats on deciding to get your first. I wouldn’t say that it will be your last if i was you, A lot of people find the process addictive like myself and you might find yourself really wanting another ๐Ÿ™‚

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

I said the same thing when I got my first. One and done. I haven’t gone out and gotten another one yet, but… would I do another one if the inspiration hit me? You bet.

As far as your concept for your first tattoo, have you found an artist yet to do it? I would seriously start looking in your area for someone you like, someone who does quality work, get some recommendations, etc. Then, go in and talk to them about your ideas. Most good artists LOVE to design tattoos from ideas, they want to create custom work, not just copy some pic that walks in the door. You will have to give them a small deposit to have them start working on your idea, but you will get this credited toward your tattoo cost, so its all good. I’ll tell you, I was nervous as hell to walk into the shop the first time when I wanted to find out how to start the process of getting one designed and done, but they were so cool and so welcoming, answered my questions, and made me feel really at ease. Maybe someone on here can recommend a good shop in your area?

Good luck with your first! Make sure you post pics when you get it done. And welcome to the club!

Wout-Jan
Participant
@wout-jan

Thanks all for the comments!

@D3FIANC3: Indeed something simple and little. I don’t want a very flashing tat or something, just like a symbol or something like that. Thanks for the Perseus-idea, might check that one out!

@Wardy
: We’ll see, but I just want a tat really has a deeper meaning ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Briscogun
: Yeah I might go to a artist (haven’t been to one) to talk about some ideas. But for now I’m just looking in a direction.

Does someone else have some good ideas? Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.