LukeM
@

For a few years now now i’ve debated getting a tattoo of one of my favourite quotes cited from Winston Churchill which says “History will be kind to me, for i intend to write it”, i want it in my own handwriting across my shoulder blade or down my side; as basically its a quote that has stuck with me and will serve as a reminder to strive for success and dont settle for mediocrity in life.
The other tattoo i’ve been thinking about getting is “Just breathe” tattooed just down from my right pec, basically i have many scars down the right side of my body from complications of my lungs when i was born and luckily overcame a 90% suspected fatality and think it could be a nice symbolic reminder of don’t get down, remember to relax cause things could be worse.
However a major turn off for me is the fact that i found out recently Miley Cyrus has the same tattoo :/

Anyways, just wondering what you guys opinions of these two tattoos are? does the first seem to be a little to egotistical etc etc?
Any input whatsoever would be much appreciated.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Those quotes would make great tee shirts.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Im gonna give my 2 cents, hopefully our heavy hitters buttwheat, amok, wardy and yodda will step in………………………Ive been hanging in shops on 3 continents for 38 years, sometimes every day and at worst every other week I am in someones tattoo shop. I dont like the way text looks period……..it always looks kinda off to me………then over years lines grow, line smove, I know, I know, its just a little bit (hopefully) but it is going to change……..I will not have any text tattooed on me for these reasons

Amok
Participant
@amok

Ill echo Mrchens sentiments, but it’s your tattoo not mine and it doesn’t really matter what i think.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It is fairly obvious that text tattoos are the”cool” thing right now. I would avoid any trendy tattoo what seems really cool today will be tomorrows nautical star.
If you want it get it.

clay1680
@

fuck it, if it means something to you and you feel its important, get it. im not a fan of text as someone above has mentioned but i wont say dont get it because its ultimately your choice. So go head and get it but DO NOT get tha Just Breathe tattoo cus it just sounds lame then you said Hannah Montana has it, even though i would tongue down her balloon knot and she could lick my Great Balls of Fire all night.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.