dtx3yamaha
Participant
@dtx3yamaha

This would be my first tattoo…

Really it would be two tattoos on my forearms, but they’d be complimentary. My idea is to embody the Jimi Hendrix song The Wind Cries Mary. Specifically the following lyric:

A broom is drearily sweeping over the broken pieces of yesterday’s life
Somewhere a queen is weeping
Somewhere a king has no wife

I want a king and a queen on each forearm. The couple would be facing away from each other; the king would have a “somber skip in his step” (embodying “it’s alright…I still have my guitar”) and he’d be playing his guitar. The queen would be either standing by, or sitting on a throne of “Marshall Stacks” and there’d be a broken crown at her feet. Of course there’d be tears in her eyes too.

I get the feeling I’d want too much detail to put into a tattoo but I think this would be a really cool piece. Also, one thing I’d want to avoid is for the king & queen to look like anything from the Bible…I’d want it to have a sort of raw, bluesy feeling about it.

Anyways, any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks 🙂

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

If you like it, it shouldn’t matter what anybody else thinks mate 🙂

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

I think your idea is very very cool. It will make an awesome tattoo. Have you taken this idea to an artist yet? I’m sure they will be able to help you get your ideas down and have some suggestions for you. I hope you get it and post pictures! I am getting another tattoo that was inspired by a Queen song “March of the Black Queen”. I’m doing a memorial and I’ll be using “Spread Out Your Wings, You Are An Angel” from aforementioned song. I’d go with your idea. Just really take your time coming up with your ideas and working with the artist. It will be awesome! :):):)

Amok
Participant
@amok

sounds like a wicked idea mate, I would tend to avoid text or lyrics and just have the king and queen, but that’s just me.

Adler
Participant
@adler
Amok;95644 wrote:
sounds like a wicked idea mate, I would tend to avoid text or lyrics and just have the king and queen, but that’s just me.

Maybe I’m wrong but if I read correctly that’s exactly what they’re doing, getting the image to represent the lyrics. If that’s the case I give credit to the idea, too many people take quotes and song lyrics, etc., and just use the text or clutter an image by adding the text. If the OP is translating the lyrics to an image I think that’s a great idea.

dtx3yamaha
Participant
@dtx3yamaha
Adler;95658 wrote:
Maybe I’m wrong but if I read correctly that’s exactly what they’re doing, getting the image to represent the lyrics. If that’s the case I give credit to the idea, too many people take quotes and song lyrics, etc., and just use the text or clutter an image by adding the text. If the OP is translating the lyrics to an image I think that’s a great idea.

Yeah there won’t be any lyrics or words for this.

I’m having a hard time finding a style that I like though…I want the images to be realistic looking, but I want to avoid too many small details as well.

-David-
Participant
@david-2

two full forearm tattoos in B&G with a few choice highlights here and there and you could get very detailed. Find someone with a “soft touch” who brushes in their greywork with small groupings …as opposed to the big mag scrubbing that works well for large gradations. Alice in wonderland-ish playing card royalty always looks cool too…..?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.