Elmeaux
@

Hi everyone!
My name is Sam and I was wondering if I could get some opinions.

I have an aum tattoo on my wrist. I’ve had it about 2 years now I guess. I used to draw it on my wrists a few years before that ( when I was too chicken to get a tattoo.) Finally, I decided to get it when a friend decided spur of the moment to go get a tattoo. The artist we went to had a reputation for being good so I thought I was in great hands, but I was very disappointed with how my tat turned out. The funny thing is, is that I’ve loved the aum symbol for years, but in my area (small town) not many people knew what it was. However, shortly after getting the tattoo I became friends/roommates with a lot of Nepalese people. In fact, I’d say they make up the majority of my friends these days. Obviously they know my tattoo and when I meet new friends who undoubtedly ask all about my tattoo, I hate showing what I think is a crappy job. So my question to you guys:

1. Would this be correctable or possible to make it look better?
2. If not, is there anything creative it could be turned into? (I’d rather keep my aum if it is fixable though)

Anyway, I’d appreciate your input 🙂 Here’s the link if the image doesn’t show up
Photobucket

Tat.png

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

That is a very popular tattoo I see them all the time.
The tattoo looks very washed out and muted. How did you take care of this during the healing process? Did you go swimming or soak in a tub? To me it sure looks like a healing issue rather then a tattooing issue.
Oh welcome by the way.

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

I think it looks fine. That’s just how tattoos look on wrists.
Or make it solid black and add a few cherry blossoms going up your forearm.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Half of one of my star’s in on my wrist and that didn’t go like that it’s still nice and crisp.

May of been the healing process like butthead said. What do you think about going to your artist and talk about a touch up to make it more crisp? It should be free?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.