Tattoosareace
Participant
@tattoosareace

I’ve decided after a long thought that I’m now ready to get both my arms full sleeved and have a rough idea of what I want on both of my arms however, I am just going to ask do I go and do it which way

a) one arm first, then the other one or;
b) half of one, half the other, bottom half, bottom half of the other

a or b and why?

Also, is it possible to get half a sleeve done in one session?

Like this in one go half of it?

Bixler
Participant
@bixler

Do you have any tattoos yet? Sleeves are a big commitment, that stretches further than simply time and money. If you want the most fluid way to start a sleeve go talk to an artist, (with a better idea than what you had just shared), give him some creative freedom to run with your idea. After he gives you a drawing and you approve it, then you can knock out an outline in one session, and then slowly shade/color the rest of the sleeve over time. Every artist works at different paces and some are busier than others.

There are way too many factors for anyone here to give you a clear cut answer on how long or how expensive a sleeve is. Expect anywhere from 30-70+ hours depending on the reference material. The thing that you must understand is the fact that this is not an over night process. Sleeves can take months or years to complete. Take your time and make sure you get something quality; because it will be visible for the whole world for the rest of your life. Good luck bro.

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue

option A in my opinion…

and LOL, a sleeve in one session…..considering your reference piece looks like it took at LEAST 40 hours, maybe closer to 60, that’s gonna be one LOOOOOOONG session. Seriously tho, expect 6 hour sessions and at 40-60 hours, that’s your answer.

It also doesn’t sound like you have much ink experience just by the nature of these questions so if I were to offer you once piece of advice here it is: the arist you select is the single most important part of the process…it doesn’t matter how pretty his tattoo stencils are drawn if he/she doesn’t have a proven ability to convert the drawing into completed pieces of ink.

Tattoosareace
Participant
@tattoosareace

I’ve got a few on one arm, my hands and knuckles done and the side of my neck, but I’m wanting my sleeves done now, just asking which way I go about doing it like do I do one first then the others or what, I’ve spoken to my artist he told me to bring him an idea of what I want done and show him it, just my question is so like I’ll have the money that’s no worries at all because I work, but do you get the outline all done in one go then just fill bit in by bit? I know it’s not a simple over night job but I want my sleeves done so bad it irritates me! ๐Ÿ˜€

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Looks good find yourself a good artist to pull it off and it will look awesome!

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue
Tattoosareace;94209 wrote:
but do you get the outline all done in one go then just fill bit in by bit?

Depends on your artist, my artist decided to completely finish part of my wrist before even moving on to stencil the rest of my forearm….so it’s basically what the artist feels comfortable with. My guy is also what I playfully call a ‘jumper’ bc he’s hitting many different parts of my arm in a sitting because that’s just how he does his work…you’ll just have to ask your guy

Bixler
Participant
@bixler
Tattoosareace;94209 wrote:
I’ve got a few on one arm, my hands and knuckles done and the side of my neck, but I’m wanting my sleeves done now, just asking which way I go about doing it like do I do one first then the others or what, I’ve spoken to my artist he told me to bring him an idea of what I want done and show him it, just my question is so like I’ll have the money that’s no worries at all because I work, but do you get the outline all done in one go then just fill bit in by bit? I know it’s not a simple over night job but I want my sleeves done so bad it irritates me! ๐Ÿ˜€

Well I’m assuming whatever you do for work doesn’t involve you reading because I answered your questions in my first response. The fact that your neck and hands are tattooed with minimal work on the rest of your body already gives me a pretty clear picture of the kind of person you are. If you “do” have said tattoos, you know how long one takes. Just go to your artist already.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.